Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid-19

Spider

58 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

This COVID is a proper fucker, my cough is going worse and I still feel really shit but the good thing is I'm losing weight because I can't eat anything, save me going to the gym🤣

I’ve got Covid (not the Omicron variant) & i’m fucking starving all the time.

Apart from the headaches it’s not so bad, just a bit of a cold.

According to the local news if I have a heart attack or stroke I should now phone for a taxi.

I currently have 8 concreters/drainlayers off, one plumber in hospital with pneumonia from covid and my operations manager has just been let out of hospital in Dublin.

And Johnson tells us there's nothing to worry about

1 minute ago, Dimron said:

According to the local news if I have a heart attack or stroke I should now phone for a taxi.

I currently have 8 concreters/drainlayers off, one plumber in hospital with pneumonia from covid and my operations manager has just been let out of hospital in Dublin.

We've been talking about this on a call today with some work colleagues, we're hearing all sorts of stories about our customers not being able to operate properly because they have so many people off. I think DHL didn't bother to deliver to us today either, because of lack of drivers in the area, which also means they didn't collect, so we've not shipped any product out.

It's all a bit chaotic at present, and we can only hope things start to improve over the coming weeks. I'm still convinced they'll put some sort of further restrictions in place within the next 7-10 days. They won't lock us down again, it's too late for that, and of course folk would want paying if they lockdown, so maybe they are just letting it rip and hoping for the best. We'll know before the end of the month if it's been the right thing to do or not

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Well that's bollocks, isn't it.

Complete and utter.

Wish I knew if I’d had covid. Only time I think I did was when Mrs M tested positive with no taste or smell and I had a banging headache for 2 weeks. I’ve never tested positive and never had a reaction to a jab

Only thing is, just before all this covid shit blew up I had a flu-like virus at Christmas 2019 and was in bed for a couple of days and posted on here that it was weird that I got the same thing about Jan/Feb 2020. Maybe I got it early? Who knows? Worryingly I could be one of the asymptotic folk who unknowingly spread it at various times?

• Members
37 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Wish I knew if I’d had covid. Only time I think I did was when Mrs M tested positive with no taste or smell and I had a banging headache for 2 weeks. I’ve never tested positive and never had a reaction to a jab

Only thing is, just before all this covid shit blew up I had a flu-like virus at Christmas 2019 and was in bed for a couple of days and posted on here that it was weird that I got the same thing about Jan/Feb 2020. Maybe I got it early? Who knows? Worryingly I could be one of the asymptotic folk who unknowingly spread it at various times?

Can't you get an antibody test?

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Sweep said:

We've been talking about this on a call today with some work colleagues, we're hearing all sorts of stories about our customers not being able to operate properly because they have so many people off. I think DHL didn't bother to deliver to us today either, because of lack of drivers in the area, which also means they didn't collect, so we've not shipped any product out.

It's all a bit chaotic at present, and we can only hope things start to improve over the coming weeks. I'm still convinced they'll put some sort of further restrictions in place within the next 7-10 days. They won't lock us down again, it's too late for that, and of course folk would want paying if they lockdown, so maybe they are just letting it rip and hoping for the best. We'll know before the end of the month if it's been the right thing to do or not

I do honestly think, as shit as it is now, that give it a few weeks/couple of months we'll be ahead of the curve (Europe) in terms of things calming down 

That's assuming absentees are genuine, and most folk are behaving 

But that's the same in every country 

I now think with vaccines, testing and masks we should be able to proceed without lockdown 

And all the shit we're going through now, those European countries who locked down will be going through shortly when they re open

All things being equal, ie anti vax pricks

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Its the only thing Boris has got right. Even if he is playing politics with it.

Hows the booster roll out going? Not heard much about it without being on twatter..

About 35 million

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations

Sure thats considerably lower than they said?

Some sympathy if folk arent taking up the offer