Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England games

deane koontz

Roothless from them, but we have always been flat-track bullies in games like this, and have pretty much always impressed in qualifiers, its why we are ranked so well, and what we do well.

Can't really read too much into these games other than, they did the job well and we look to be on way to another tournament in style, and will challengers again, well done manager and players.

Terrible atmosphere though, can happen when games are so easy.

21 hours ago, Pablo said:

Roothless from them, but we have always been flat-track bullies in games like this, and have pretty much always impressed in qualifiers, its why we are ranked so well, and what we do well.

Can't really read too much into these games other than, they did the job well and we look to be on way to another tournament in style, and will challengers again, well done manager and players.

Terrible atmosphere though, can happen when games are so easy.

Lost 1 of the last 60 qualifiers. It’s a pretty pointless process tbh. I know it’s all about giving teams every opportunity to qualify but it’s already a closed shop by default. Especially now 2 qualify from each group. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, athywhite1958 said:

Under 21's beat Portugal 1-0 to go into the semi final V Israel next Wednesday, Traff made a very good save in the first half

Yeah he played well. The passing for England's goal was superb too was like watching a game of Fifa. 

46 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Israel's youth teams seem to be up and coming, did well at U20 world cup as well.

We beat em in the group so fuck em! 

• Site Supporter

Under 21's beat Portugal 1-0 to go into the semi final V Israel next Wednesday, Traff made a very good save in the first half

Had to correct himself mid-dive - excellent save 

• 3 weeks later...

England have been given a shite allocation for the game at Hampden in September

Category 2: 2,845
Wheelchair/Companion: 13/13
Easy Access/Companion: 15/15
Price: £30
Total: 2,901

When and what time is the ballot draw, any idea pal ?, everyone’s keeping it hush on the England sites, I’ve heard after 2pm Friday or Mon-Tues next week for the 30% like myself 😀

13 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

When and what time is the ballot draw, any idea pal ?, everyone’s keeping it hush on the England sites, I’ve heard after 2pm Friday or Mon-Tues next week for the 30% like myself 😀

It says towards the end of next week on EF website

10 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

89 when Bull played... We won 2-0

My memory didnt serve me right then! I do remember there was a ticket ban for England fans, but tickets where easily available outside the ground. I also remember alot of English " infighting" in the centre, firms from different clubs bang at it, as the Jocks didnt want to know. Ive never managed to get to Hampden Park since.

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, woolli said:

My memory didnt serve me right then! I do remember there was a ticket ban for England fans, but tickets where easily available outside the ground. I also remember alot of English " infighting" in the centre, firms from different clubs bang at it, as the Jocks didnt want to know. Ive never managed to get to Hampden Park since.

It was my last visit too. Didn't see any of the infighting but there was certainly a few running battles with the Jocks. I'd imagine Forest & Derby went at it..... They were both well represented. 

18 hours ago, Widnes Two Hats said:

Just booked flights for the Wroclaw game against Ukraine, are you going Ricky or are you too much of a spaz?

Correct on the second point mate 😢, saving myself for Scotland, Vinnie and the rest of 'em are going, they have booked into The Poznan Hotel (in Poznan)

On 24/07/2023 at 17:32, athywhite1958 said:

Correct on the second point mate 😢, saving myself for Scotland, Vinnie and the rest of 'em are going, they have booked into The Poznan Hotel (in Poznan)

We fly out to Poznan on Friday afternoon, in an Ibis friday night, train to Wroclaw Saturday and staying on a riverboat in the centre of the city  then train back to Poznan Sunday staying in the Poznan Old Town hotel so no doubt bump in to Vinny and the rest. Fly back Monday afternoon

2 hours ago, Widnes Two Hats said:

We fly out to Poznan on Friday afternoon, in an Ibis friday night, train to Wroclaw Saturday and staying on a riverboat in the centre of the city  then train back to Poznan Sunday staying in the Poznan Old Town hotel so no doubt bump in to Vinny and the rest. Fly back Monday afternoon

They are staying in apartments near to the railway station Apartmenty Centrum,

I have given my Scotland tickets back too

• 1 month later...

Ukraine playing well. Maddison and Saka getting no time - and the occasional niggly kick to slow them down, solid centre and quick on the counter.

For the goal Rice lost his man and realised it too late, Maguire was drawn to the ball leaving loads of space behind him in the centre of the goal.

Need to wake TF up.