Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan - Proper tinpot

Horwich

• Moderators

Allowing all season ticket holders to bring 2 mates for FREE vs Sunderland

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Every 2021/22 Wigan Athletic season ticket holder is entitled to two free tickets for our League One clash with Sunderland on Saturday 26 February

3 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

Frankly, I'm not arsed much what Wigan get up to when we're not involved.

If anything it's actually quite a good scheme to capture a few more fans if nothing else. In fact, it's a much better plan to get people in stadiums than our current membership scheme.

In this league it's probably their second biggest gate receipt after boxing day. 

And they are giving away 2 free tickets per season ticket holder. 

1 - we'd need a bigger ground based on our season ticket sales this year 

2 - its tinpot as fuck. 

3 - pasties are better than pies 

Edited by stevieb

1 minute ago, stevieb said:

In this league it's probably their second biggest gate receipt after boxing day. 

And they are giving away 2 free tickets per season ticket holder. 

1 - we'd need a bigger ground based on our season ticket sales this year 

2 - its tinpot as fuck. 

3 - pasties are better than pies 

I'm not suggesting we do it, don't get me wrong.

But for a team that struggles to get a 3rd of their seats filled then I can see the temptation.

• Members

They only break 10k when a big following goes, Us, Ipswich, sunland, other than that they struggle. 
This strategy will bring them their biggest attendance of the season, but it won’t generate a better atmosphere Klopp

They’re pathetic.

1 hour ago, meanderson93 said:

I'm not suggesting we do it, don't get me wrong.

We literally couldn't do it. It'd be like offering every season ticket holder (when we had near 20k) two tickets per season ticket for the carling Cup final. 

Then putting them on open sale to Johnny come lately at the same time. 

It'd never happen. 

• Site Supporter

Whenever Bolton have a special offer on I’m fairly sure away fans get exactly the same deal as home fans. 

Besides, I hope they’ve sought permission from the EFL for this.

4.2 Without prejudice to the general wording set out in clause 4.1 above, no Ticket may: 
(a) be used for any promotional purpose whatsoever (including, by way of example, in any competition, auction, give-away, or as a premium);
(b) transferred, lent or sold to any third party as part of a hospitality or travel package
unless you have the prior written consent of the EFL. 

7 hours ago, MickyD said:

Whenever Bolton have a special offer on I’m fairly sure away fans get exactly the same deal as home fans. 

Besides, I hope they’ve sought permission from the EFL for this.

4.2 Without prejudice to the general wording set out in clause 4.1 above, no Ticket may: 
(a) be used for any promotional purpose whatsoever (including, by way of example, in any competition, auction, give-away, or as a premium);
(b) transferred, lent or sold to any third party as part of a hospitality or travel package
unless you have the prior written consent of the EFL. 

Dock them 20 points then for breaking the rules

• Site Supporter

Fine by me

Non-League mentality, non-league support, non-league fans.

If I was a Wigan fan, I’d be utterly ashamed of this and rightly so.

They are providing comedy here, let them crack on.

Still won’t fill the home end either the small time wankers.

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Horwich said:

Allowing all season ticket holders to bring 2 mates for FREE vs Sunderland

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Every 2021/22 Wigan Athletic season ticket holder is entitled to two free tickets for our League One clash with Sunderland on Saturday 26 February

Just trying to get 20k on like we did

See if they can stick six past em.....

They must have less than 7k S/T holders, the home ends hold 20k, so they could only make this offer if the ground is no more than a third full with ST holders, not that everyone is going to bring 2 mates.  No doubt loads of tickets will be issued then not used and they'll claim a full house, the empty seats will tell a different story.

They've got to do something though haven't they? It's been a farce down there for as long as I can remember. Their away following seems OK? 

A lot of the non prem lower league teams seem to be struggling? I mean even Blackburn pushing for the prem aren't exactly selling out every week. Which I'm surprised about tbh. Always thought they had a similar following to us and I reckon we'd be pushing 18k most weeks under similar circumstances?

28 minutes ago, kent_white said:

They've got to do something though haven't they? It's been a farce down there for as long as I can remember. Their away following seems OK? 

A lot of the non prem lower league teams seem to be struggling? I mean even Blackburn pushing for the prem aren't exactly selling out every week. Which I'm surprised about tbh. Always thought they had a similar following to us and I reckon we'd be pushing 18k most weeks under similar circumstances?

Others on here will know more than me on this, but didn't a load of Blackburn fans "boycott" the club a few years ago coz of Venkys?

And their S/T prices are higher than our's, between £400 and £500 for adults.

Not defending their poor support BTW, just thinking of reasons why its dropped so much in recent years, more than most clubs.