Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gillingham (A)

burnden

4 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Southern Bolton fans; nowt wrong with that

Don’t understand why for Christ sake we should alienate any  support we can get even if they are young & stupid ( just like us  back in the day ) 

It leads to a lifetime of misery & disappointment so why should these southern cnuts be immune.

And when someone in London asks for the time you can say ‘ faark off u cant’

4 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Southern Bolton fans; nowt wrong with that

4 hours ago, MickyD said:

Talking to a bloke before game exiled Boltoner, now residing in Watford.  His grandson is now very much a second generation Watfordian...

Bolton through and through.  Probably about 10-12 and only Bolton fan at school. I'd love it. 

My Dad’s from Bolton but I was born and raised in Wiltshire. I took great pride in being the only Wanderers supporter at school surrounded by Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and United ‘fans’ 😁

10 hours ago, desperado said:

Yes he was good today. Involved in lots of good work offensively and defensively. The way he won the ball on our goal (can’t remember if it was the 2nd or 3rd) was pivotal to creating the overload. 

He probably reads it on Hear 

how is form has Dropped 

7 hours ago, bromers said:

My Dad’s from Bolton but I was born and raised in Wiltshire. I took great pride in being the only Wanderers supporter at school surrounded by Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and United ‘fans’ 😁

Your dad did a great job bringing you up, your respect of him and his love of his team is commendable.   I’ve got a mate who’s a Palace fan, his dads from there and supported them, taking my pal to most games up this way.  

I think MJ Williams yesterday took out any negativity of his game.  For a few months now he’s slowed our attacks down by raising his arms as if to say he’s nobody to pass to, then sprayed it across the field or backwards far too much.  Yesterday he glided through the game, I just hope he can carry on where he left off, 

14 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Some Southern based imbeciles behind us. Great win. EASY

It was the Canadian prick that wound you up because he kept using the word Soccer.

😂😂

Never seen any of them before.

They soon shut up though. LOL.

19 minutes ago, Ani said:

lots more highlights here from a Gills fan but you can not tell. 

That was a really good watch.  Very slick, professional presentation.  You dont always appreciate how good our football is at times, yet some of the passing and movement yesterday was exceptional and recognised as such by the opposition. 

I left Bolton at 18 to go to Uni in 1983 and never moved back. When I met the missus about 16 years ago Yoof was 6 or 7. His dad is more into rugby and hunting and shooting, Yoof was never into that stuff. He liked football but did not have a team. Went shopping once and asked if he wanted a football shirt and he asked for a United one 🤬🤬. I refused, his mum said why not, got his uncle a Leeds fan on the phone and he backed me up. Ended up with an England one. Few weeks later took him to first Bolton game beat scousers 2-0 Speed and Campo scored. Turned to him after 2nd goal to check he was ok and he was stood on his seat cheering. He has been addicted ever since. He had 1 other Bolton fan in his year at school. In the early years when we were good and Leeds were shit it was easy but if anything he is more committed now and gets the whole thing that it is about the club not just todays result. I met a Bolton fan at Uni and he now lives near us in Ilkley and he lads (18 and 12) both come to games now. 

1 hour ago, Ani said:

I left Bolton at 18 to go to Uni in 1983 and never moved back. When I met the missus about 16 years ago Yoof was 6 or 7. His dad is more into rugby and hunting and shooting, Yoof was never into that stuff. He liked football but did not have a team. Went shopping once and asked if he wanted a football shirt and he asked for a United one 🤬🤬. I refused, his mum said why not, got his uncle a Leeds fan on the phone and he backed me up. Ended up with an England one. Few weeks later took him to first Bolton game beat scousers 2-0 Speed and Campo scored. Turned to him after 2nd goal to check he was ok and he was stood on his seat cheering. He has been addicted ever since. He had 1 other Bolton fan in his year at school. In the early years when we were good and Leeds were shit it was easy but if anything he is more committed now and gets the whole thing that it is about the club not just todays result. I met a Bolton fan at Uni and he now lives near us in Ilkley and he lads (18 and 12) both come to games now. 

One of my brothers was in the Beer Keller in Sheffield last night on his sons Stag Do and bumped into two brothers who's dad moved to Sheffield and brought them up as staunch Wanderers fans, needless to say there wasn't much 'umm-pah-pah' sang on the benches.  

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

We had steejay😀

2 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

He needs a few carers so fair play to your lot - plus if it did rain ️ the cheap dye would be running down his face 👍

Cheeky twats.

Jealous of my youthful handsomeness. 😁