Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Chiksen was only signed till January so could be indication that he's not re-signing 

Aye. He's done perfectly well for me. Not perfect and had the odd game, but we've been better with him for the most part and he's been pretty consistent. Not bad for a last minute replacement for our initial slightly less last minute left back.

Wish him well if he goes.

7 hours ago, Okocha10 said:

Definitely for me is the right direction we are taking bringing in non league players, they will have a better attitude & hopefully appreciate the opportunity we have provided. 

I get your point that non league players will be busting a gut to prove themselves, but I'd stand up for the experienced players who bring a great attitude with them.  D Murphy, Bridcutt, Chicksen just to pick 3, look to have the right attitude and speak of being grateful for the opportunity to play games and show that they can still cut it.  Going back I dont need to list the top players in their 30s that showed younger players how to conduct themselves on and off the pitch.  We only want young or non league players if they are cut from the same cloth because some of them definitely arent.

4 hours ago, Big E said:

Why are people still saying wheater......hes not what is required.

@leythermatt whats the crack witht he hibs lad.....any good ?

Surely you've answered your own point there, you would probably be pleased to sign a lad from Hibs that has no track record without knowing if he's any good.  We know what we'll get with Wheater, a leader who heads the ball,  tackles and blocks shots.  Surely that's exactly what we need?  I'm struggling to get what people have against signing a miles better central defender than we've currently got (Hobbs is OK too if he's ever fit).

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Matt said:

Going off the comments, I’m not sure Ipswich fans rate him much. 😂

Bit mixed to day the least. Someone reckoning he's had shit on social media, might account for a bit.

Another reckoning a guiding hand required as he's still young. Unless Hobbs is fit, then not sure about that.