Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

6 hours ago, bolton va va said:

Every team needs a ballwinner/defensive midfielder type of player or it turns into an owenbastardcoyle  kind of disaster.

David Lee, Scott Sellars, Sasa  Curcic, Alan Thompson up against Roy Keane, Nicky Butt, Ryan Giggs and David Beckham on Black Sunday

I think that is the silliest midfield I have known a Bolton manager to pick.

23 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:
David Lee, Scott Sellars, Sasa  Curcic, Alan Thompson up against Roy Keane, Nicky Butt, Ryan Giggs and David Beckham on Black Sunday

Can I remind you of our line-up at Wembley v Stoke?

8 minutes ago, Traf said:

Can I remind you of our line-up at Wembley v Stoke?

Lee (Korean one)  Elmo, Muamba and Petrov across the midfield

Muamba of course was a great battler and ball winner and we were only playing Stoke so no, i don't think that was as silly as the first selection where no ball winner was picked against Man Utd

38 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I watched the goals from that game recently our midfield were over the half way line with no one holding, our back four were caught on the halfway line pushing up all game the space in behind was ridiculous, no excuse the players mustn’t have been told to sit deep at all, in fact was poor from Man U only scoring 6 given our tactics. On the plus side LH reds had a fair few bloody noses on the paddock, alls well that ends well. 😂

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Muamba of course was a great battler and ball winner and we were only playing Stoke so no, i don't think that was as silly as the first selection where no ball winner was picked against Man Utd

Someone on here will tell you Elmander was one of the best midfielders we've had

1 hour ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Playing Elmander there off the back of one performance against a shit West Ham side the week before; the first time he’d ever played there in his life. That alone makes it worse.

What a prick. 

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Playing Elmander there off the back of one performance against a shit West Ham side the week before; the first time he’d ever played there in his life. That alone makes it worse.

What a prick. 

@Spider

1 hour ago, birch-chorley said:

We’ve had some bad midfields this last 5 years or so to be fair 

frighteningly bad, the long hair lad who started at Man U what was he called? Taylor who went to Oldham  those 2 were woeful, there’s others I’m sure but I think I’ve wiped them from my memory. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

frighteningly bad, the long hair lad who started at Man U what was he called? Taylor who went to Oldham  those 2 were woeful, there’s others I’m sure but I think I’ve wiped them from my memory. 

Thorpe

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

The recent midfield of dwarves was a lowlight. Medo, bannan, Cullen etc.

Classy player Bannan for me.

Medo was such a weird one. From the January we signed him right up until we just missed out on the Play Offs, he looked every bit a Premier League player and never seemed to give the ball away. 

Was absolute dross after that. A complete mystery. 

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

The recent midfield of dwarves was a lowlight. Medo, bannan, Cullen etc.

Bannan was best midfielder we've had in recent years surely.  I dont think we saw best of him but he'd walk into 90% of championship sides.  I liked Medo too on a good day.  Those 3 don't come close to Thorpe, Trotter and Murphy in the inept league.

6 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Trotter was a shit version of Tom Huddlestone who is also shit!

Trotter would be in our slowest midfielders  of the last 20 years.
Also the alonso guy we had for a bit not Marco was good on the ball could take a free kick  but run like he was towing a caravan