Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

4 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

He’s bang average and Blackpool fans certainly weren’t convinced by him, let’s move forward 

We are in L2. He would be very good at that level. It’s just about money as it wouldn’t be one to break the bank for. 

Evatt has mentioned he wants a strong spine to his team

at this level either Lowe or Spearing would give us that. One of if Not the best defensive midfielder in the league. Above L2 they’re much of a muchness. We’d be moving onwards and upwards without them. 

no room for hanging on to past issues or sentiment. We need out of this league sharpish. That’s the bigger picture here  

I never get this too old thing.  Too slow or unfit or lost sharpness, yeah I get that.  2 of our best players in the last 2 years were Gary O'Neil and Daryl Murphy, I remember the reaction of many that O'Neil would be well passed it.  In comparison we signed players seemingly at the peaks of careers like McGennis, Wildschut, Luke Murphy who werent fit to lace their boots.  None of us have seen Morais for over 2 years so cant judge  how he's looking.  If he's unfit for purpose Evatt wont sign him or wont play him.  Personally I'd love to have a character like that back at the club.

I never get this too old thing.  Too slow or unfit or lost sharpness, yeah I get that.  2 of our best players in the last 2 years were Gary O'Neil and Daryl Murphy, I remember the reaction of many that O'Neil would be well passed it.  In comparison we signed players seemingly at the peaks of careers like McGennis, Wildschut, Luke Murphy who werent fit to lace their boots.  None of us have seen Morais for over 2 years so cant judge  how he's looking.  If he's unfit for purpose Evatt wont sign him or wont play him.  Personally I'd love to have a character like that back at the club.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Where is that soft fucker on the blag these days?

I think he's at Blackpool isn't he  -  what a signing for Cardiff he turned out to be 😂

The strange thing is, you'll still find Bolton fans who think he was brilliant, based purely on the half a good season he had for us.

Still, fair play to the chap, he's made a shit load of money for himself in the past few years

• Members
18 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I think he's at Blackpool isn't he  -  what a signing for Cardiff he turned out to be 😂

The strange thing is, you'll still find Bolton fans who think he was brilliant, based purely on the half a good season he had for us.

Still, fair play to the chap, he's made a shit load of money for himself in the past few years

£6,000,000 

SIX. And SIX Zeros. Absolute madness. 

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Evatt's squad last season contained just two players over the age of thirty, and the wing-back role I'd expect Morais would be asked to play requires a lot of energy and stamina. 

If Evatt signs him we'll have to trust that he's done his homework, but I'd be 1. surprised and 2. slightly concerned.

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

The majority of his fan base at Bolton are 12 or under though.

3 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Morais is too old now unfortunately. Lovely fella though & thanks for the memories Felipe.

Absolute tosh, I'm sceptical if he returns but I want ot to be right for him & BWFC. He's a fit lad and would easily keep up in training & games ive no doubt about that. 1 to 2 years would suit the club to get us promoted & stabilised in league 1

I think Evatt will be more flexible than playing wing backs in every game (I could be completely wrong).  Sometimes you want a reliable squad player who wont be banging on the door to play every week (I'd put the 1st 3 signings by Evatt in that category).  He'll get someone that can play wing back if required - bearing in mind the quality & pace of left midfielder we are likely to come up against - and ring wing at other times.  Or just be a sub, coming on to fire in quality crosses for 20 minutes if we need a goal.  Happier to have him around than lets say Buckley or Murphy, who are younger.

4 minutes ago, Ands1 said:

Absolute tosh, I'm sceptical if he returns but I want ot to be right for him & BWFC. He's a fit lad and would easily keep up in training & games ive no doubt about that. 1 to 2 years would suit the club to get us promoted & stabilised in league 1

Balls to stabilising in L1. Back to the championship as soon as possible