Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

20 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

So is it parky has had enough or takeover close and he's going before he's pushed. ? 

In any case we owe a debt of gratitude to Parky and Steve parkin for the service they have given this club in its darkest hour.  

Guessing if he jumped, he'll get fuck all... If he was to be potted in a fortnight, surely he'd hang on for a payout? 

I think it's another nail

12 minutes ago, Widnes Two Hats said:

I've been reading Fanny5 and he puts himself over as an expert but basically everything he says in nonsense and completely made up based on his own opinion, mind you there's over a 1000 pages of horseshit

Yeah a know all who knows nowt. None of us do but at least we admit it and dont patronise pontificate and bore living daylights out of folk.

I especially enjoyed his 'there is no way this Coventry game is going ahead tomorrow" statement.  Says everything

Anyway just hearing Parkys gone. Cant blame him and thanks for keeping your dignity Phil while all around you have lost theirs. Cant see any positive in this and last season i would have gladly waved goodbye. All unravelling.  

I'll show my gratitude for Phil as a man and as someone who has been put upon in extreme circumstances for most of the 3 years he been here. Not many would put up with the shit he's had.

Won't miss his tactics but that's the least of our worries at the moment! 

17 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Just another tick on the list of ‘how to not run a football club’

Amen. Also how not to let a convicted fraudster buy a clubs hope and dreams for £1 (for EFL) how not to do an admin. How not to do a takeover (FV) & how best to die a thousand deaths 

46 minutes ago, Cartman2932 said:

Can only hope that decision to leave is because the takeover is happening and he knows his time is up, however I fear that he is jumping now as the takeover is dead in the water. 

That video last night will have helped his decision though, as instead of trying to call out Bassini the crowd focussed on singing they want rid of him.

Shameful and Embarrassing don't really cover this anymore

Can anything happen without it being the crowd's fault?

If only we'd all just been nicer to Ken.

10 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

Thanks I understand your reasoning 

However I do think the reason for 2 administrators is entirely to protect Andersons position 

Am not certain by any means that ED Trustees and MJ saw it coming when KA put the Hotel into a separate arrangement 

Apart from the Hotel itself , it has given leverage to the disputed amounts claimed by Anderson as being due to him - the separate administrators dont even to appear to agree on the Inter Company balances between the two entities 

Anyway the point I wanted to make about the Marc Iles article is this 

Lots of people know of the issues between ED trustees - MJ - Appleton and FV because BWFC leaks like a sieve and If you ask enough people its amazing what confidential texts / emails and the likes are out there and widely shared 

Therefore its easy for Iles to report on issues on this side of the fence 

He does not report on whats going on with the Hotel - Walker Morris KA and Quantuma because in relative terms that is bomb proof and very little Information has leaked into the public domain from that side of the fence - am sure its just as interesting if not more so . 

The situation is probably best summed up when Jason Elliot ( with Appletons blessing ) of Cowgills  announced to the world the deal was done via Twitter - how unprofessional of Rubens was that 

Thanks Benny, I appreciate you understanding my reasoning and not demolishing them, but on the other hand a little bit concerned you haven't because until you or someone else does then my thoughts on this (and that's all they are) must be seen as a feasible alternative to what we believed happened and why, in appointing the Administrators.

I'm a bit unclear of how Anderson could have protected his position if he too had appointed Rubin's as the Administrator for the hotel?  Would that not have created a conflict of interests for Appleton representing the best for EDT and Anderson at the same time, or are you suggesting he would have appointed a separate Administrator from Rubin's?

I'm also unclear to me as to what his position was that he was protecting?  He must have known what realistic security he had in the club/hotel to cover the £5m he had put in and that PBP and EDT had first claims on the hotel and club respectively (with Warburton having his claim on the land element).

I could see him wanting to manufacture some leverage in the situation and appointing an Administrator for the hotel being his means of doing so.

I wonder if the plan was for EDT to put the club (and BL) in to Administration with PBP doing the same for the hotel - and both thereby freezing Ken out of the process but for some reason (a dispute between James and Kier perhaps?) PBP allowed Anderson to appoint instead?

Maybe it was a miscalculation in PBP not wanting to take on the costs of Administration if they thought they had the hotel in the bag anyway (their debt greater than the hotel valuation at the time) and that all they were truly bothered about was getting most if not all of their secured monies back?  Maybe there was no actual appetite to save the club per se, and James was only part of the  FV consortium to do it by buying the club to add to the hotel they thought they already had, put the two together in a property deal and walking off with their £5.5m further down the line?

As for Ken did he truly believe he had a clear £5m of assets secured on the club side (unlikely with EDT's substantial first claim on it, or the hotel, which seemed to be valued less than PBP's existing first claim on it already?

I would have imagined his only way of making mischief was to appoint his own Administrators, become the fly in the ointment for an 'easy' Administration that otherwise would have been controlled by EDT for the club on one side and PBP for the hotel for the other (presumably with Appleton being the only Administrator needed?).

He achieved this somehow(?) and from what we understand came to some agreement to be paid off too (agreement with major creditor reached, we were told).

We come back full circle as to why PBP didn't appoint the Administrator?

Then Bassini and the injunction/hand grenade.

I do agree JME19742 should not have been given the blessings of Rubens to announce a deal done - I've posted on this utter lack of professionalism in my opinion earlier on in the thread - and back in my day, if it was proved that such a leak had happen, there would have been dismissals made over it and JME19742's employers similar being less than impressed if by his actions they had brought them into disrepute.  

I find it shocking that confidential information leaks from the club like a sieve as you say, which is indicative of how poorly it must be being run and the lack of professionalism from those involved.  Perhaps it is I that is out of step with reality these days though?

For the first time I'm starting to feel negative about the outcome of all this for the club surviving.

I thing Parkinson is probably aware of what is likely to follow now that Bassini has intervened with his court action.

I don't believe anything will move until the court action on the 2nd September and if a definite decision isn't made that Bassini claim is dismissed then FV will walk and not wait for further adjournments..

I've no idea who then would want to prop the club up under Administration, nor even if someone is allowed to do that, or that the EFL would sanction it if they offered.

Hope I'm wrong obviously.

Edited by Sluffy
Grammar errors

Parky finds out FV buying us ain’t happening. Tells admins on Friday that he’s off 

Too late to do anything about Tranmere but admins think well we’ve got nobody to fund the Donny game so call it off finding a convenient and legitimate excuse re the kids playing too frequently

I really do think that we are well and truly fucked. Admins can do as much “considering” about him and Parkin’s decisions to leave as they want. Changes nowt. They’ve gone. And we soon will be 

1 hour ago, Tombwfc said:

Can anything happen without it being the crowd's fault?

If only we'd all just been nicer to Ken.

Of course it can, just found it strange that during that shit show last night people started to chant about Parky.

Clearly was only a small minority, as has already been pointed out, it wasn't really a crowd! 

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Thanks Benny, I appreciate you understanding my reasoning and not demolishing them, but on the other hand a little bit concerned you haven't because until you or someone else does then my thoughts on this (and that's all they are) must be seen as a feasible alternative to what we believed happened and why, in appointing the Administrators.

I'm a bit unclear of how Anderson could have protected his position if he too had appointed Rubin's as the Administrator for the hotel?  Would that not have created a conflict of interests for Appleton representing the best for EDT and Anderson at the same time, or are you suggesting he would have appointed a separate Administrator from Rubin's?

I'm also unclear to me as to what his position was that he was protecting?  He must have known what realistic security he had in the club/hotel to cover the £5m he had put in and that PBP and EDT had first claims on the hotel and club respectively (with Warburton having his claim on the land element).

I could see him wanting to manufacture some leverage in the situation and appointing an Administrator for the hotel being his means of doing so.

I wonder if the plan was for EDT to put the club (and BL) in to Administration with PBP doing the same for the hotel - and both thereby freezing Ken out of the process but for some reason (a dispute between James and Kier perhaps?) PBP allowed Anderson to appoint instead?

Maybe it was a miscalculation in PBP not wanting to take on the costs of Administration if they thought they had the hotel in the bag anyway (their debt greater than the hotel valuation at the time) and that all they were truly bothered about was getting most if not all of their secured monies back?  Maybe there was no actual appetite to save the club per se, and James was only part of the  FV consortium to do it by buying the club to add to the hotel they thought they already had, put the two together in a property deal and walking off with their £5.5m further down the line?

As for Ken did he truly believe he had a clear £5m of assets secured on the club side (unlikely with EDT's substantial first claim on it, or the hotel, which seemed to be valued less than PBP's existing first claim on it already?

I would have imagined his only way of making mischief was to appoint his own Administrators, become the fly in the ointment for an 'easy' Administration that otherwise would have been controlled by EDT for the club on one side and PBP for the hotel for the other (presumably with Appleton being the only Administrator needed?).

He achieved this somehow(?) and from what we understand came to some agreement to be paid off too (agreement with major creditor reached, we were told).

We come back full circle as to why PBP didn't appoint the Administrator?

Then Bassini and the injunction/hand grenade.

I do agree JME19742 should not have been given the blessings of Rubens to announce a deal done - I've posted on this utter lack of professionalism in my opinion earlier on in the thread - and back in my day, if it was proved that such a leak had happen, there would have been dismissals made over it and JME19742's employers similar being less than impressed if by his actions they had brought them into disrepute.  

I find it shocking that confidential information leaks from the club like a sieve as you say, which is indicative of how poorly it must be being run and the lack of professionalism from those involved.  Perhaps it is I that is out of step with reality these days though?

For the first time I'm starting to feel negative about the outcome of all this for the club surviving.

I thing Parkinson is probably aware of what is likely to follow now that Bassini has intervened with his court action.

I don't believe anything will move until the court action on the 2nd September and if a definite decision isn't made that Bassini claim is dismissed then FV will walk and not wait for further adjournments..

I've no idea who then would want to prop the club up under Administration, nor even if someone is allowed to do that, or that the EFL would sanction it if they offered.

Hope I'm wrong obviously.

I hope you type all this shit on a proper keyboard. If you do it on a phone, you need to see a doctor. 

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I hope you type all this shit on a proper keyboard. If you do it on a phone, you need to see a doctor. 

My life doesn't revolve around a phone.

Clearly yours does.

av a nise day m8

:lol: