Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Accrington Away - Pizza Cup

CambridgeBWFC

5 minutes ago, mattbwfc19 said:

Never seen us play at Wembley as I'm a lot younger than most on here. Will be there tonight and if we win will 100% be at Wembley, and I'm sure 99% of younger bolton supporters will be there aswell.

Said this before but it’s not even the proper younger ones. Anyone that’s 27/28ish might have been there for Stoke but likely will have been a family trip and not a full experience as an adult (mates on the piss etc.). I think plenty will be surprised if we do get there by how many we take, purely from a novelty perspective for the 30 and younger crowd (and probably loads of mates and mates mates that just fancy the day out). It’s one of the reasons why I think it would reduce the attendance if we then got to the play off final (obviously ifs and buts) because there will likely be a couple of thousand that aren’t exactly massive fans but there for the novelty factor, which wouldn’t be there if we go again in May.

2 hours ago, freds dad said:

I’ve always gone on the train to Accy but I’m driving tonight so what’s the best place to park. 
Official car park has been taken over by Sky

Obviously it depends on which direction you need to go after the game, but if you come out of the away end and ignore your instincts to go right, the coaches will be to your left and further down towards the allotments and the housing estate is usually a good place to park (for me, anyway!)...

image.png.cf03c63ef5da547b1f5c288c601cc114.png 

9 minutes ago, Traf said:

Obviously it depends on which direction you need to go after the game, but if you come out of the away end and ignore your instincts to go right, the coaches will be to your left and further down towards the allotments and the housing estate is usually a good place to park (for me, anyway!)...

image.png.cf03c63ef5da547b1f5c288c601cc114.png 

Parked here last two times i've been and it's dead easy and a quick exit

I’m not that nervous about this, not that I feel complacent that we will win or anything, just not overly bothered if we lose.

The chance to win a trophy at Wembley is appealing but I think the biggest benefit from it will be the experience it gives the players for if we make it to Wembley for the playoffs final…

in the grand scheme of things the league/playoffs are the main focus

1 hour ago, Arrested development said:

You won't be going because you saw us lose to stoke ?

For me it's the exact opposite. I want to get back there to make sure I see Bolton win at the new wembley. The thought of that game being the only time I see Bolton at Wembley makes me sick.

You weren't there in '95 or '04?

I was. FFS I begged my dad to take me in '58 but I was only a nipper and he couldn't afford it anyway. If we get through I'll try and talk myself into it - but if we then lose it will clearly be your fault :)

Edited by Wanderlust

39 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

It's only the EFL trophy but it's still a trophy, and one to add to our cabinet!

We are a big club and hopefully we could add some more major trophies in my lifetime. Those Wanderers fans in the 20s and 50s were a lucky bunch indeed! 

I’m not sure we are, or we’re ever, a big club. Obviously it’s subjective, and we are massive in Leagues 1 and 2, but just normal or smaller after that.

1 hour ago, Wanderlust said:

I was. FFS I begged my dad to take me in '58 but I was only a nipper and he couldn't afford it anyway. If we get through I'll try and talk myself into it - but if we then lose it will clearly be your fault :)

I was there in 95 twice and 04. But it's been rebuilt since and the 2010 memory needs banishing for good. 

24 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

I’m not sure we are, or we’re ever, a big club. Obviously it’s subjective, and we are massive in Leagues 1 and 2, but just normal or smaller after that.

Upto the early 60’s we were a massive club.  Don’t believe we will ever get there again but Bolton will always be bigger than the rest in Lancashire apart from City utd everscum and the murderers 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Upto the early 60’s we were a massive club.  Don’t believe we will ever get there again but Bolton will always be bigger than the rest in Lancashire apart from City utd everscum and the murderers 

None of those clubs are in Lancashire, including us.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Wanderlust said:

04 was Cardiff... 

2 hours ago, Mantra said:

I’m not that nervous about this, not that I feel complacent that we will win or anything, just not overly bothered if we lose.

The chance to win a trophy at Wembley is appealing but I think the biggest benefit from it will be the experience it gives the players for if we make it to Wembley for the playoffs final…

in the grand scheme of things the league/playoffs are the main focus

See it as a stepping stone to the championship and beyond, think Bristol city won it a few years ago and look how they are looking to climb the championship 

11 minutes ago, wiggy said:

The odds on us to win have shortened through today from 3-4 to 3-5. Accrington are now bigger than 4-1

Not sure why, given the players we have missing. I really have this as 50//50 if our 3 in midfield is Morley Lee and Sheehan I think we will struggle. Hopefully Dempsey is fit. Not sure it is a game to bring Lego head back after injury.