Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

MK Dons (H)

globaldiver

Adeboyejo did quite a lot of the hard bits but maybe took a touch too many at times and tbf he didn’t really have great service at times. He’ll grow in to it as everyone gets used to each other. Can’t be easy with so many new players coming in.

Echo about their ‘keeper. Two or three real top drawer saves. Can’t be many who get applauded by opposition fans when retrieving the ball for a goal kick. although such humility is easy at 3-0 up 🤣

7 minutes ago, matty2094 said:

Trying to overdo things a little bit still, presumably trying to impress. Give Evatt time with him and I reckon there’s a good player in there. 

Almost scored tonight, keeper made a fine save from his header.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Adeboyejo did quite a lot of the hard bits but maybe took a touch too many at times and tbf he didn’t really have great service at times. He’ll grow in to it as everyone gets used to each other. Can’t be easy with so many new players coming in.

Echo about their ‘keeper. Two or three real top drawer saves. Can’t be many who get applauded by opposition fans when retrieving the ball for a goal kick. although such humility is easy at 3-0 up 🤣

Aye 

I joined in the patronising applause at the announcement there was 177 mk fans at 4-0 which wouldn't have happened had they been shithousing a 1-0 lead

2 hours ago, victor meldrew said:

how old are you  ? have you not heard of the lion of vienna suite 

my mrs loved it

a) very

b) yes- been there many times

and c) it's 200 miles away so not first choice for a Valentine's seven course dinner with a champagne reception

May be an image of text that says "1YEARAGO YEARAGO < Sugar Tits iMessage Today 10:43 Babe What are we doing for Valentines? wanted to keep it surprise, do you like Paris? Yes!!!! Or how about Madrid? OMG YES, YES, YES! Sweet. PSG V Real Madrid is on at 7.45 and could you pick me up some beers Delivered timehop"

Edited by Wanderlust

Think Adeboyejo just needs to be coached into the Evatt way, had to be a hold up player in a direct team, but still shows some quality with his intelligent off the ball running, for what it's worth though I'd go with Jerome on Saturday against a rough house, shithousing team like Wycombe, and I thought Isgrove and Kachunga looked good in their cameos 

We probably scored the same amount of set piece goals in this one match than we have in the entire 2 & half seasons Evatt's been here. DJ's whipped in some incredible balls on the night & our back three look big/powerful/dominant/intimidating you name it. Victor so unlucky to not get a headed goal too but for an incredible save to be fair to their keeper! MOTM is probably the hardest of the season but I'd say Dempsey personally he's a little jack in the box of a midfielder to watch the amount of times he's gone past players tonight just by simply letting the ball run across his body to open the space to drive into. Shola is just simply a step ahead on the pitch, he knows what he wants to do ages before hand whilst actually having the ability to pull off the stuff he wants to do. Mbete couldn't have made a better impression starts in back to back 5-0's with a goal & two clean sheets? On the eye too the lad can play & is a proper defender too he looks like he loves throwing himself into a block. Jack Tucker chose MK for us mainly due to location but thank fuck for that! Eoin Toal is x5 the player whilst being cheaper! 

Victor deffo suits our high press, works his bollocks off which is expected for an Evatt signing. Where people criticise Dion in terms of him taking too many touches to release the ball whether it's getting a shot off or playing somebody in I think the same can be thrown at Vic in what we've seen of him. He doesn't seem balanced & set when it's time to do something so then takes too long on the ball which makes him have to battle the defenders who are able to get back in. He would have scored a bullet header if it weren't for a wonder save & also positioned him well in the six yard box for one or two pull backs but unfortunately couldn't get onto them although one went through to Geth which lead to the third goal anyway. Like any striker at a new club getting off the mark will deffo be playing on his mind which probably leads to trying too hard & overthinking how it's going to come about add to him being our most expensive signing in 9 years!

• Site Supporter

Quality performance from front to back, granted assisted by some shambolic defending but take nothing away, this is a very good Bolton team.

Morley has been excellent since getting back in the team and running midfields. Dempsey superb again, Shola great skill - if only the breakaway had come off with a touch through to Charles.

The back 5 though - won everything in the air, pace to burn and wanting to keep clean sheets no matter what the score.

This team is coming of age. Need to keep as much of it together as we can in summer

43 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Did Mbete play in the papa johns at all this season? Either way, think I’d keep Bradley fresh for Wednesday night - bench him Saturday but give him 25 mins in the 2nd half

Huddersfield would not have play in Papa Johns would they ?

7 hours ago, Marc505 said:

I like him, needs a goal but holds it up well. Think he might really show his worth in away games, starting Saturday.

Think hes a good presence up there for Charles, Stops him having to do all the dirty work.

Didnt realise hes in the top goalscorer chart for our division. 

8 hours ago, L/H White said:

Anyone any thoughts on Adeboyejo? 

Early days obvs, but his first touch is heavy, so his 2nd touch is often a tackle.

He doesn’t seem particularly quick on the ground and he isn’t that strong in the air - but apart from all that he looks alreet 😀

In IE we trust and i’m sure he’ll come good given time.

He’s perhaps a bit over anxious to make a good impression and trying that bit  too hard to do the simple stuff.

Be reet.

12 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Just like others he needs game time

that was my criticism of IE early in the season but he’s ditched the bingo machine  so all good 

Tbf Hes not played the same first 11 since I cant even remember. Especially up top.