Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Website gremlins


JOGLER

Recommended Posts

It's good to be able to access this site again after a few weeks of having to go via the 'Advanced' and 'Unsafe' route.

My mate has had the same problem and there's been a significantly reduced number of posts - so it wasn't a problem at my/my mate's end.

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it, anyway, it's good to be back!

Edited by JOGLER
grammar error
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, JOGLER said:

It's good to be able to access this site again after a few weeks of having to go via the 'Advanced' and 'Unsafe' route.

My mate has had the same problem and there's been a significantly reduced number of posts - so it wasn't a problem at my/my mate's end.

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it, anyway, it's good to back!

I am too. 
 

https://www.wanderersways.com/forum/topic/100645-why/

https://www.wanderersways.com/forum/topic/100660-site-not-secure/

 

especially if you don’t count these two threads

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Same for me. I dug in & decided to get rid of Chrome & it's been fine since.

The issue was a the security certificate on the server had expired. Nowt to do with your choice of Browser

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
12 hours ago, Gonk said:

The issue was a the security certificate on the server had expired. Nowt to do with your choice of Browser

 

Was easier to browse in Edge on mobile than Chrome, because chrome flashed up the warning everytime you went from page to page, whereas edge did it just the once at the beginning 

 Anyway 

 Looking for a longer term solution to the occasional tech issues that pop up that doesn't rely waiting on some one else to fix them 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have struggled to get on here a good while as i can only access this site from 1 fixed computer in which my log on details are permanently stored 

i set up my details years ago using an old company email that i can no longer access 

Don't know if any of the moderators can help but is there any way to change your password without having to access your original email and without setting up a new identity ? as it would be useful to be able to post from other devices

Secondly a general question in the absence of Wanderersways i went on a site called Bolton Nuts - does anyone know how they get away with simply cutting and pasting the entire  Wanderers section of the Bolton News ? 

Why subscribe to the BN when you can get it for free on their site ?

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Benny The Ball said:

I have struggled to get on here a good while as i can only access this site from 1 fixed computer in which my log on details are permanently stored 

i set up my details years ago using an old company email that i can no longer access 

Don't know if any of the moderators can help but is there any way to change your password without having to access your original email and without setting up a new identity ? as it would be useful to be able to post from other devices

Secondly a general question in the absence of Wanderersways i went on a site called Bolton Nuts - does anyone know how they get away with simply cutting and pasting the entire  Wanderers section of the Bolton News ? 

Why subscribe to the BN when you can get it for free on their site ?

 

 

 

 

I can change your email and or password

Msg me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.