Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Retain/Release?

TrickyTrotter

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Mantra said:

Randell seems to be becoming the new Kachunga on Twitter especially. Because his first couple of games were poor, people have got it into their heads that Declan John is streets ahead of him, which really isn’t the case. They’re both decent without being amazing.

John seems to be a bit of a moody bugger though, maybe Randell has got a better attitude 

I'd say based on what we've seen ability wise John is a quite a bit better than Randall 

But agree that Randall presumably has a better attitude 

37 minutes ago, passmosster said:

Thought that he was a miles better header of the ball than that lad we got from City Mbete.

Forgot all about Mbete. He'll be one of them Burnden Aces wishes happy birthday to in about 4 years and it'll feel like a made up player.

Very sad to see Keirnan Li not retained but understandable given his injury prone nature and age. Liam Mbete had a great debut at Pboro and I really thought we were onto something but he’s lacking confidence which is a shame. Ishgrove leaving hardly a surprise no room for sentiment. 

any ideas on next year scapegoat now Kachunger has left? 

7 hours ago, Mutley said:

Very sad to see Keirnan Li not retained but understandable given his injury prone nature and age. Liam Mbete had a great debut at Pboro and I really thought we were onto something but he’s lacking confidence which is a shame. Ishgrove leaving hardly a surprise no room for sentiment. 

Thomason is in with a shout.

• Site Supporter
35 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

No scapegoats

just opinions but you can’t say anything remotely negative

All banter mate.

I’m going to get in there first on the new keeper;

- He’s no Trafford 

- Doesn’t do anything spectacular. 

- It’s Evatt’s blindspot 

- Why have we gone for another youngster 

- What is Gilkes actually doing with these keepers

- Surely we should have just developed Hutchinson/Litherland 

21 hours ago, Mutley said:

Can't disagree with much of that Motley

23 hours ago, Mutley said:

Quite an achievement how you managed to get every player’s name wrong in that statement.. 

Made me proper chuckle 😂

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter

Surprised we’ve not heard about JDB, after Sheehans was sorted out pretty quickly. Only guessing, but I’m imagining a shorter (justifiably with his injury record) contract is on the table and he’s possibly weighing up other options? 

23 minutes ago, desperado said:

Surprised we’ve not heard about JDB, after Sheehans was sorted out pretty quickly. Only guessing, but I’m imagining a shorter (justifiably with his injury record) contract is on the table and he’s possibly weighing up other options? 

I'd love to know how the two offers compare - length/pay/incentives/clauses etc.  Impossible to judge without knowing the facts, relative to what other players are on, what he was previously paid etc.

Fingers crossed he signs.