Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Managerial Roundabout

superjohnmcginlay

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Strange appointment on the face of it.  Not had a job since Walsall sacked him over a year ago.  Assuming its "our" Matt Taylor and not that other one that's also a manager.

didn't even know he'd managed Walsall but yeah its our old one

24 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Matt Taylor now confitmed as Shrewsbury Town manager

Getting rid of an experienced hand like Cotterill and replacing him with Taylor isn't a move I'd have made

We replaced an experienced hand, replaced him with an unknown, that didn't turn out to badly,

• 2 weeks later...

Forest green rovers... Just stop oil, no Ken do, leather jacket mullet sporting vegan nonce Dale Vince's outfit 

Took on big dunc ferguson in January and got relegated to league 2 

Just appointed a woman as (interim) manager. 

So brave 

17 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Forest green rovers... Just stop oil, no Ken do, leather jacket mullet sporting vegan nonce Dale Vince's outfit 

So brave 

Let's be fair, before the "flat dicks" comments come in. She:

a) has been academy manager there for 4 years

b) surely can't be any worse than the awl gobshite who preceded her. 

Vince is a bellend, but sure, if shes actually capable, why not be the first to give a woman a go? If she succeeds, brilliant, FGR have done a great thing for your daughters and sisters. If she fails, she's no worse than Adkins or the like who keep landing jobs on mentalities better served in the 80s. 

#NOKENdenyamanageronthebasisofgender

• Moderators
8 hours ago, TM Trotter said:

Let's be fair, before the "flat dicks" comments come in. She:

a) has been academy manager there for 4 years

b) surely can't be any worse than the awl gobshite who preceded her. 

Vince is a bellend, but sure, if shes actually capable, why not be the first to give a woman a go? If she succeeds, brilliant, FGR have done a great thing for your daughters and sisters. If she fails, she's no worse than Adkins or the like who keep landing jobs on mentalities better served in the 80s. 

#NOKENdenyamanageronthebasisofgender

Have you ever seen the Accused with Jodie foster? 

That's what could happen when she tries giving them a post match bollocking after a 5-0 drubbing 

Risky move

It’s certainly a toughie for her, being the first at something adds even more pressure but I wish her luck and as others have said, even if she fails others have too. Full marks for being brave enough and I hope she does well but she’ll certainly be under the microscope.

3 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

It’s certainly a toughie for her, being the first at something adds even more pressure but I wish her luck and as others have said, even if she fails others have too. Full marks for being brave enough and I hope she does well but she’ll certainly be under the microscope.

Be very interesting for her when all the lads get down to their  bathing suites for baths and showers on a regular basis!

If the bird at Forest Green has a shocker then she's done no worse that a respected bloke like Big Dunc did.

Somebody, somewhere was going to appoint a woman as manager for the first time, so it'll be interesting to see if it pans out.  If she's a success then I'd imagine it won't be too long until we see another woman appointed elsewhere.

The only disappointing thing is she's only been made 'caretaker', which is a bit cowardly of Vince Dale.  If he thinks she's up to the job then give her the job properly.

Oh, and Vince Dale is cock.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Nope. Do explain.

Jodie foster gets gang raped on a pinball table 

Anyway 

Sharon is doing a far better job than loads of football club owners so good luck to FGR, I hope does well and doesn't face out dated attitudes and jokes such as the one I posted earlier

10 hours ago, stevieb said:

So brave 

Its Mike Whitlow's Mrs aparently.....he also works there as a coach

Edited by The True Marple White

4 hours ago, DazBob said:

The only disappointing thing is she's only been made 'caretaker', which is a bit cowardly of Vince Dale.  If he thinks she's up to the job then give her the job properly.

Caretaker's just another way of saying cleaner.

Fair play to her. Another move away from the ex pro can only manage brigade. Is she a better manager than Gary Rat face. Likely. 

While I’m a big fan of Dale (for one reason only) I would describe Forest green as a lesbian club, if such a thing exists 

21 hours ago, DazBob said:

If the bird at Forest Green has a shocker then she's done no worse that a respected bloke like Big Dunc did.

Somebody, somewhere was going to appoint a woman as manager for the first time, so it'll be interesting to see if it pans out.  If she's a success then I'd imagine it won't be too long until we see another woman appointed elsewhere.

Oh, and Vince Dale is cock.

Need to grow up when it comes to your views on Dale.