Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blackburn woes

Mounts Kipper

I heard that they are selling old 2nd hand furniture and old socks to fans outside ground, like a car-boot sale.

my god you lot are right, they are proper tin-pot….🤣🤣 Thats one of the worst things ive heard a club doing.

Same level as shaking a bucket for spare change for the club….

6 hours ago, Pablo said:

I heard that they are selling old 2nd hand furniture and old socks to fans outside ground, like a car-boot sale.

my god you lot are right, they are proper tin-pot….🤣🤣 Thats one of the worst things ive heard a club doing.

Same level as shaking a bucket for spare change for the club….

Saving this ready for when you lot leave Goodison (insert joke here about there being nowt left as it’ll all get nicked anyway)

I don't like Blackburn Rovers but they are really nothing to me, however a couple of games i watched last season (for no particular reason) involved them and i quite enjoyed the game .

They were away at Huddersfield and away at Millwall and both games the came back strongly.

Twats.

On 21/07/2023 at 21:31, Leyther_Matt said:

Saving this ready for when you lot leave Goodison (insert joke here about there being nowt left as it’ll all get nicked anyway)

massive massive difference….unless bolton are also leaving the toughsheet??!!

Edited by Pablo

The clock's ticking 

Daily Mail this morning.

Blackburn players asked to play for their own flights

Blackburn Rovers’ financial problems have been laid bare after players were asked to pay for their own flights if they wanted to find a quicker route home from a pre-season training camp. The Rovers squad spent last week in Austria but on their return could not get a direct flight and landed in Frankfurt, where the group stayed overnight.

With seats home the following day limited, the Championship side’s players were given the option of sorting out their own return to the UK from Germany, but were told the cost would have to come out of their own pockets.

As a result, some senior players took up the offer and arranged alternative travel, while most of the younger members of the squad stayed behind another night in Frankfurt.

Blackburn are also facing legal action from agents whose fees are allegedly overdue.

4 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Millionaire footballers told to spend a few hundred quid shocker!

Disagree with it in general. If work have sent you there then it’s their problem. That said reading the full article they have sorted it and just gave players a choice. I’d rather be in Frankfurt than Blackburn anyway.

39 minutes ago, tomski said:

Disagree with it in general. If work have sent you there then it’s their problem. That said reading the full article they have sorted it and just gave players a choice. I’d rather be in Frankfurt than Blackburn anyway.

The footballing equivalent of having a ceiling on your expenses. Sounds fair really, albeit a bit unusual in that environment. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, tomski said:

Aye 

It's certainly a step up from when Donaldson had to pay for his own drinks at training and look how much he moaned about it

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

"Sorry boss, I don't fancy that trip. Count me out".

"Aye lad. No problems at all".

"We're off to Austria lads, but on the way back, we've only got a flight part way. You can wait until we sort it or pay for your own".

"Fuck that for a game of soldiers, this lot are already cutting money left right and centre, reckon I'll stick a transfer request in and look elsewhere, rather than do a Wigan and not get paid"