Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lincoln (H)

desperado

12 hours ago, Cheese said:

You've already decided our season will be a failure if we don't win our first 4 games? Jesus wept 🤦‍♂️

What a total dipstick you are why don’t you just help the site and do one?

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If you’re outside UK you don’t need 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

What a total dipstick you are why don’t you just help the site and do one?

All I did was repeat your words back to you. 🤷‍♂️ Sounds daft, doesn't it?

11 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Evatt Out if we don’t win the first four! 

Lincoln H, Barrow H, Cheltenham A, Fleetwood H.

Seriously? You don’t think if we’ve aspirations for automatics we should be winning these games? Let’s just accept a couple of draws and struggle a couple of wins then we can maybe make the play offs if that makes you happy. I want and expect 4 wins nothing less but them maybe that’s being a bit over optimistic and positive for a loser like you?

15 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Seriously? You don’t think if we’ve aspirations for automatics we should be winning these games? Let’s just accept a couple of draws and struggle a couple of wins then we can maybe make the play offs if that makes you happy. I want and expect 4 wins nothing less but them maybe that’s being a bit over optimistic and positive for a loser like you?

Of course mate. We will play every game this season to win, as we always have. I think we could be sitting pretty on 12 points  after these 4.

But I won’t be panicking that we’ll not make the automatics or have a good season if we win 2 draw 2. Fleetwood are a well drilled side under Scott Brown. Cheltenham away won’t be easy. 

I just feel like it’s these kind of wild demands that have led to clubs going on manager merry go rounds. When the first person they had in place was the man for the job.

In Evatt we trust. 

1 minute ago, London Wanderer said:

Of course mate. We will play every game this season to win, as we always have. I think we could be sitting pretty on 12 points  after these 4.

But I won’t be panicking that we’ll not make the automatics or have a good season if we win 2 draw 2. Fleetwood are a well drilled side under Scott Brown. Cheltenham away won’t be easy. 

I just feel like it’s these kind of wild demands that have led to clubs going on manager merry go rounds. When the first person they had in place was the man for the job.

In Evatt we trust. 

Not much chance of getting 3 points against Barrow!

• Members
49 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

What will you do if we don't win all four?

2 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

There are a lot of confident predictions for an away win on the Lincoln fans sites and TBF they are a decent team who have recruited well - which will make our victory this afternoon all the sweeter. That is of course if we turn it on from the off and play as well as we can. No mugs Lincoln, but we should have enough. Here's Matchday Man's prediction for their season:

Lincoln City 7th

Let’s say it as it is. Lincoln City were a weird team last year. Their record against the division’s top sides was excellent. They were beaten just twice in league games at their Sincil Bank home. There were undoubted elements of the Imps season that suggested their capabilities as a top six competitor, yet the campaign was spent largely around the middle of the table. 20 league draws will have played a big part in that, including a whopping 14 on home soil. The foundations have clearly been set; Lincoln are a team hard to beat. It’s turning those draws into wins that will bring the Imps up to the next level. There was a whole mixture of opinions around 12 months ago when Mark Kennedy began his tenure at Sincil Bank. The Irishman had been out of the senior management circle for a while with his previous role being at a sinking Macclesfield Town. His first campaign has really encouraged me though. He was clearly looking to implement an effective style onto the squad, and his biggest limitations came from a lack of genuine centre-forwards. Progress is the achievable target in 2023-24. Lincoln will have the choice of Jordan Wright or Lukas Jensen as their starting goalkeeper for this new season, both 24 years old. The latter comes in permanently from Burnley having been Accrington’s main number one last term and is the favourite to take the gloves at Sincil Bank. The Imps are going to have to adapt to life without star right-sided defender Regan Poole, but a good group nonetheless remains. Adam Jackson and Paudie O’Connor established themselves as regulars in Mark Kennedy’s backline. Dutchman Lewis Montsma has previously been a defensive star at the Imps but had his 2022-23 gametime impacted by fitness issues. Timothy Eyoma and the returning Jay Benn are right-sided central defensive options. Sean Roughan is a bright prospect out of the academy who is primarily a left-back but can play centrally. Competition for Roughan at left-wing-back comes from Jaden Brown, a new arrival who was bit-part during Sheffield Wednesday’s recent promotion season. Eyoma is primarily suited to playing up the right-hand-side, but Lincoln also have natural midfielder Lasse Sørensen who can be deployed there to decent effect. Ethan Erhahon is hoped to have a star role in the Imps midfielder, a left-footed ballplayer who caught the eye soon after arriving from St. Mirren last January. Lasse Sørensen and Teddy Bishop are also senior central midfield options, as are Alistair Smith and Ethan Hamilton. The latter pair are both 24 years old and smart signings from the division below, developing into really nice box-to-box presences whilst with Sutton United and Accrington Stanley respectively. Billy Brooks, Oisin Gallagher and Morgan Worsfold-Gregg are young players on the periphery. Danny Mandroiu is a player I have become a very big fan of. The 24-year-old Irishman operates as an attacking midfielder or out wide in the frontline, and further growth in his goal output will go a long way to helping Lincoln City reach their goals. Reeco Hackett is an intriguing signing. The forward doesn’t leave Portsmouth with much fanfare and could be one that Kennedy hopes to turn into a star. Flashes of his quality have been seen in previous loan spells with Bromley and Southend United. Whether Hakeeb Adelakun’s future is in the Imps team remains to be seen. It has been a while since the 27-year-old last looked a big threat at this level. Ben House is a striker who I feel is generally underappreciated by League One followers. The 24-year-old has the versatility to be pushed out left or dropped into midfield and delivered an excellent personal return for Lincoln just last season. A previous dependence on him to lead the line may well have been eased by the return of Tyler Walker. The 26-year-old forward is very popular round these parts for his output during a 2019-20 loan. Now a permanent addition, Imps fans are understandably excited to see what Mark Kennedy can deliver with the lively frontman on his books. Jovon Makama sits in reserve. As confusing as Lincoln City’s 2022-23 was to understand, it was undoubtedly a step in the right direction. There were multiple occasions during the season where the Imps showed their capabilities against the best of the best, and a defensive record bettered by just four teams is the indication of a side hard to break through and beat. Mark Kennedy still has a couple of tasks on his hands, namely replacing the ability of Regan Poole, unlocking the talent of previously unwanted players, and turning those persistent draws into victories. Is Kennedy capable of doing that? Absolutely. This looks a season for underdogs in League One, one that Lincoln City need to take advantage of…

Must have run out of paragraphs in Lincoln.

• Site Supporter
On 29/07/2023 at 17:11, desperado said:

Well here we go. The excitement builds for our first game. Can we build on 2 years of progress in this division and a good pre-season to state our claim for promotion.

First decision for Evatt will be whether to go with a number 10 behind 2 forwards - if he does CMG is the man.

But I think he’ll grow into the first 11 - he can make a difference next week coming from the bench. 

Just 3 positions up for grabs then for me. I think Morley will pip Thomason, Adebeyejo will go up top with Charles and Iredale wil go LCB (if fit, if not Forrester did very well today.

Baxter

Jones.     Santos.   Iredale 

Dac.Cog.   Sheehan Morley.  Williams

Dempsey

Charles.     Adebeyejo 

On 04/08/2023 at 12:52, desperado said:

Going off my original team prediction on the first post, I’m still sticking with it, although I think it could be Forrester for Iredale.

I find the bench options intriguing. I’ve got a feeling he’ll go without a keeper again. Explaining to Coleman that’s his usual approach will allow him to have 7 outfield options.

Ashworth, Forrrster (Iredale), Maghoma, Thomason, CMG, Nlundulu, Jerome.

2 defenders, 2 Midfielders, 3 attacking options.

While JDB and Toal have just come back, they could be left out Saturday, but will be very much back in the mix for next games. 

Allow me a moment to be self-indulgent for a minute.

First 11 and bench predicted.😊

Now go and do it Whites 👏👏

Edited by desperado

Just now, only1swanny said:

I'm working.. ca  see the stadium from where I've been parked for the past 2 hours and listening in radio..

Wasn't allowed to finish early :(

You think that's bad

My sister bought all the kids go ape tickets for today! Then my youngest wanted to stop halfway through. I'm now in Home Bargains when I should be at the match.

Fewim'