Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood(H)

DomRepWanderer

1 hour ago, Mantra said:

There’s conflicting data @Dr. Feelgood
Our pitch is 4m longer and 3m wider according to transfermarkt

I ran the numbers like a total virgin and if my figures are correct, it would mean the ToughSheet pitch is roughly 9% bigger than the Completely Suzuki one

your info is from Wikipedia/FootballStadiums.co.uk

I trust transfermarkt personally as yours still refers to Cheltenhams stadium as whaddon road but who knows 🧐

IMG_4870.jpeg

IMG_4868.jpeg

IMG_4872.png

IMG_4871.png

We need to change ours to metres or we’ll be stuffed if we get back into European football.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, SatanGreavsie said:

Christ I remember that. Drove as well so didn't even have ale to dull the pain ☹️

7th September, 27 years ago! I'll not say it seems like only yesterday but bloody hell. Had a car load of Southend fans driving past taking the piss on the drive back. Still: new ground, 4 Wembleys and 2 Cardiffs, 9 UEFA aways later - versus what, you tinpot, National League, cockney wannabees?

I like this sort of talk.

17 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I'm wondering if we'll rest JDC and bring Forrester in so we can move Jones to right-back, saving JDC for Saturday

Nothing against JDC at all but I’d pick Forrester and Jones for both games, I think it makes us better offensively and defensively, and improves physicality and height. If it’s just for one game, pick Forrester v Wigan.

• Members
4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Nothing against JDC at all but I’d pick Forrester and Jones for both games, I think it makes us better offensively and defensively, and improves physicality and height. If it’s just for one game, pick Forrester v Wigan.

See, I think one thing that's stood out for us in the two league matches, compared to last season, is that we've had two genuine threats on both wings

Jones can "do a job" but isn't the wing-back JDC is

Edited by Lt. Aldo Raine

16 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

See, I think one thing that's stood out for us in the two league matches, compared to last season, is that we've had two genuine threats on both wings

Jones can "do a job" but isn't the wing-back JDC is

I can’t comment on the Cheltenham game, I can only go off the homes games including pre-season. I didn’t think we offered much down the right and Cogley struggled to get involved (midfield often choosing to go left or down the middle), certainly Williams far more involved. Just my take on it. And Forrester made his Stoke debut in a win at WBA, he’d take the Wigan game in his stride.

I would not change a single player unless they have broken a leg (or been sold). 

Sheehan is very quickly proving me wrong as I had never rated him. However as he is now picking the ball up  from centre halves it is freeing Morley and Dempsey (especially Dempsey) to play a bit further up the pitch, we look balanced. Dempsey is more left side , Morley right and it seems to be helping both wing backs. 

Big Vic and Dions work rate have been excellent too. 

8 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

??? That’s a really mad shout. Cogley has been excellent first couple of games. Why would he be dropped for either game.

3 minutes ago, tomski said:

??? That’s a really mad shout. Cogley has been excellent first couple of games. Why would he be dropped for either game.

Agree.Why change a winning side  that's not let a single goal in and scored 6 and playing well( injuries aside)

• Members
10 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Agree.Why change a winning side  that's not let a single goal in and scored 6 and playing well( injuries aside)

Probably the bit in brackets

JDC has played every minute, and this week will have to play Sat-Tues-Sat

That's not easy for a wing-back

Anyway, I don't think we'll change it, it was just a thought

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

IE made too many changes in the first part of last season, once we became settled our results became more consistent

save rotation for the cup games or unless someone is carrying a knock this side has scored 6 & conceded 0 in the league why change 

Agreed. There’s plenty enough cup ties in which a periphery player can at least show he’s worthy of a place on the bench ready to step up if the need arises. Until then, stick with what you’ve started with.

I’d like another crack at 100 points and 100 goals. That means putting smaller teams to the sword every week, not underestimating them by playing a weakened team and ending up with nothing.

Wade Elliot's comment that our 5 subs that came on against Cheltenham would walk into any League 1 team has a ring of truth about it - although I'm still not sure about Dan - but we have the squad to put out a team for any opposition without weakening it in theory.

And that's what IE claims he wants - the ability to tinker with the starting team to "tailor it" for each game i.e. bespoke rather than rotation as we know it.

Just have to trust he knows what he's doing.