Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby County (H)

Zico

2 minutes ago, woolli said:

Massive game for Evatt, not so much Bolton. When you start dissing your own, then calling for unity, but didnt Evatt start it? This guy is under massive pressure, and his words are of that of a beaten man. Hes already admitted he couldnt motivate the team against Wigan,  which doesnt give much hope for any Bolton fan. Lose tomorrow, the shit will it the fan!

Eh?

21 hours ago, captainmed said:

£50 has gone once you have added on petrol/parking/pie & a coffee or pint etc. 

Back home for 6PM so it’s a bloody expensive afternoons entertainment. 

I think that’s maybe why Derby aren’t selling out too as they took 4K to Peterborough only last weekend. 

Im on my own tomorrow. Simply cant afford another day of a family of 4 in tow. £100 easy.

42 minutes ago, woolli said:

Massive game for Evatt

Agreed unless we win here the chances of getting automatic promotion aren't great. There can't really be anymore excuses, IE's had several transfer windows now to shape the team as he wants and this year hes had a bigger transfer budget than any Bolton manager in 6/7 years. He's chosen this team and if it can't meet the goal of automatic promotion, as set out by the board, the there's an issue. For me an excuse of Wigan or Derby are better than we expected isn't good enough.

54 minutes ago, woolli said:

Massive game for Evatt, not so much Bolton. When you start dissing your own, then calling for unity, but didnt Evatt start it? This guy is under massive pressure, and his words are of that of a beaten man. Hes already admitted he couldnt motivate the team against Wigan,  which doesnt give much hope for any Bolton fan. Lose tomorrow, the shit will it the fan! Win, we are back on track!

Not sure if you're trolling but I'll bite...

Disagree that he's under massive pressure. In Sharon's eyes he's pretty much untouchable I would say, unless we are in the relegation spots at Christmas and he's done a Conte-style slagging off of the players.

In terms of the fans - he's due more criticism this season than any other as there's a lot more pressure on the club as a whole to get promoted given our 'progress every season' trajectory. But we're 5 games into the season, the only managers who are under pressure after that many games are those who manage Everton or Watford.

Still plenty of credit in the bank. Automatic promotion is the expectation but I wouldn't say it's a sackable offence to not be in those spots all season long.

I do agree with you that his comments post wigan re: motivation were a bit strange and didn't particularly sit right with me, but he's said dumber shit in the past and come out better.

6 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Hard not to have a bigger transfer budget when we couldn't afford running water untill 2 seasons ago and under an embargo for god knows how long.

That's exactly the point i'm making...

Not forgetting we won promotion in 2017 with Phil Parkinson having spent nothing.

2 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Not sure if you're trolling but I'll bite...

Disagree that he's under massive pressure. In Sharon's eyes he's pretty much untouchable I would say, unless we are in the relegation spots at Christmas and he's done a Conte-style slagging off of the players.

In terms of the fans - he's due more criticism this season than any other as there's a lot more pressure on the club as a whole to get promoted given our 'progress every season' trajectory. But we're 5 games into the season, the only managers who are under pressure after that many games are those who manage Everton or Watford.

Still plenty of credit in the bank. Automatic promotion is the expectation but I wouldn't say it's a sackable offence to not be in those spots all season long.

I do agree with you that his comments post wigan re: motivation were a bit strange and didn't particularly sit right with me, but he's said dumber shit in the past and come out better.

No not trolling at all, whatever that is. Evatt as been really good for us, hes got us where we are,  and done a great job, but a massive mistake is having a go at his own fans ,then back tracking? Openly admitting he couldnt motivate them against Wigan is criminal! Tomorrow is massive for him, and us! 

5 minutes ago, woolli said:

No not trolling at all, whatever that is. Evatt as been really good for us, hes got us where we are,  and done a great job, but a massive mistake is having a go at his own fans ,then back tracking? Openly admitting he couldnt motivate them against Wigan is criminal! Tomorrow is massive for him, and us! 

Give me your direct quotes for 'having a go' and 'back tracking'.

I've not been keeping up with his interviews since they went behind a paywall.

I don't think it's massive at this stage of the season. A loss would be damaging but not critical to our promotion hopes nor his job.

3 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Give me your direct quotes for 'having a go' and 'back tracking'.

I've not been keeping up with his interviews since they went behind a paywall.

I don't think it's massive at this stage of the season. A loss would be damaging but not critical to our promotion hopes nor his job.

Im sure you  have!  If you think losing at home to Wigan and Derby  is not critical in successive home games, i really feel for you. Hope you get help!

Either way, this is our 3rd season in League One, and if we lose tomorrow after our recent blip, there will be some serious questions.

We have to do better in the bigger matches against our promotion rivals, every point matters, whether it's now or in April.

Last season we played Derby, Ipswich, Plymouth, Sheff Weds, Barnsley(twice) all at home and didn't register a single win.

Every game is the same 3 points available, but if we want to finish in that top 2 then we have to be more competitive than we were last season.

1 minute ago, woolli said:

Im sure you  have!  If you think losing at home to Wigan and Derby  is not critical in successive home games, i really feel for you. Hope you get help!

So you're criticising him for saying something but can't tell me what he said? That's not much help.

I think you need to relax if you think our season will be defined after 6 games. If we lose to Wigan, Derby, Reading and Peterborough consecutively you might have a point.

5 minutes ago, Mantra said:

So you're criticising him for saying something but can't tell me what he said? That's not much help.

I think you need to relax if you think our season will be defined after 6 games. If we lose to Wigan, Derby, Reading and Peterborough consecutively you might have a point.

You know exactly what he said! i wont bite no more, lets see what tomorrow brings. We all want whats best, but im not confident tomorrow, would loved to be proved wrong. Keep Waghorn quiet, we have a chance,

• Moderators
3 hours ago, woolli said:

Massive game for Evatt, not so much Bolton. When you start dissing your own, then calling for unity, but didnt Evatt start it? This guy is under massive pressure, and his words are of that of a beaten man. Hes already admitted he couldnt motivate the team against Wigan,  which doesnt give much hope for any Bolton fan. Lose tomorrow, the shit will it the fan! Win, we are back on track!

What a crock

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Lostock Whites said:

Either way, this is our 3rd season in League One, and if we lose tomorrow after our recent blip, there will be some serious questions.

We have to do better in the bigger matches against our promotion rivals, every point matters, whether it's now or in April.

Last season we played Derby, Ipswich, Plymouth, Sheff Weds, Barnsley(twice) all at home and didn't register a single win.

Every game is the same 3 points available, but if we want to finish in that top 2 then we have to be more competitive than we were last season.

We're a league one team, 

That's what level we're at, it's going to take a while. 

Going into a tough run of games with 1 recognised keeper and 2 wing-backs is sheer pigheadedness

An injury to any if one of them and shit will really hit the fan. This time the criticism will be warranted. 

Edited by jmjhb