Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Reading (A)

TrickyTrotter

11 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

I don’t have any issues with Vic and Dion at leat they are getting chances and they will come good my issue is our midfield is weak and IE as not sorted it . 

Vic will come good is a big shout. Does that mean Dan and Jerome will too? Happy days! Not sure what it’s based on though.

Historically patience among Bolton fans for third tier football evaporates very quickly. The current set up (FV + Evatt) have not really experienced that because the circumstances meant a lot of latitude. It's not going to last forever. They've been brilliant for us but the bottom line is that as a football club and town we need to be in the Championship. We need to be getting a lot meaner and more resilient about achieving that objective.

3 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Historically patience among Bolton fans for third tier football evaporates very quickly. The current set up (FV + Evatt) have not really experienced that because the circumstances meant a lot of latitude. It's not going to last forever. They've been brilliant for us but the bottom line is that as a football club and town we need to be in the Championship. We need to be getting a lot meaner and more resilient about achieving that objective.

Aye, agree with you patience is wearing thin already, which I understand but also took Sunderland, Sheff Utd, Sheff Wednesday a fair few attempts to get out of this division. It's not a formality that we should get promoted, although this is certainly our best chance to since FV came in, or it should be. 

Never looks likely after a loss like today but I'll keep the faith and hope Evatt can rally the players to turn it round. January might be another big one for us and wouldn't be surprised to see a return to a 4-3-3

Personally I feel we will tick along until January in an around the playoff places .

The recruitment policy in January will make or break the Evatt project , I hope to God they get it right but appreciate some players may have to leave if others are to come in.

The current squad is way short of automatic promotion quality & by that I mean winning mentality plus adequate shithousery.

Just now, Rizlar said:

Jerome is finished as for Dan yeah on the Hackney marshes on Sunday! 

In Jerome’s favour at least he’s been a good player and if he was 2 or 3 years younger....but Dan and Vic remain mystery signings to me, never done anything and nothing to suggest they will. We’ve gone backwards even from Baka and that’s saying something. JDB must be miles from fitness to be 5th choice, in which case i’d reluctantly add him to the list of debatable signings.

Only skim read the thread since kick off. Currently sat in the pub at Reading station. Don’t want to single out an individual when it’s a team game. But fuck me if Victor could hit a barn door from 6 yards it’s 3 points. He’s cost us 3 points today and there’s no hiding it.

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Not to discredit the feelings of disappointment but first half we played well and the game should've been out of sight. Dion should've scored second half too. The general performance was decent in the second half (in my opinion) up until we conceded that long range effort from Savage, then we just seemed to fall apart. Not sure why Thomason is getting pelters, thought he played well and kept things ticking in midfield nicely, isn't a match winner but his progress is clear as day to me.

Meltdown was always coming after a capitulation like that but we really we should've won that game and I do feel there is a bit of overreaction right now. Ref didn't help either.

I agree that Evatt got it wrong with the subs and our strike force doesn't look up to scratch at the moment. Worry is starting to niggle at me slightly but can certainly turn it around. Strikers need to start shooting first time. Dion tried a fake-shot and totally miscontrolled it when he could've just had a crack, and no idea why Victor felt it necessary to try and control the one that fell to him kindly.

No way Reading deserved to win 2-1

I think that’s a decent post, points out where the issues are without going OTT with the criticism.

Don’t understand the criticism of Thomason, he was far more involved and influential than Sheehan and Dempsey.

Issues with subs and not putting chances away are valid.

Really pissed off with that defeat tonight.  

I don’t know if it’s just a Bolton thing, put our ability to press the self-destruct button in games that should have been put to bed is ridiculous.

And I don’t just mean under Evatt.

Bar the 96/97 season there’s games every season I’ve watched us, where we are in good form, playing well, creating chances and the other team seem out of it….

But you just know, you just fucking know that if we don’t kill a team off they’ll come back and fucking steal the points. God it fucking hurts being a Bolton fan. 

Just now, Lostock Whites said:

Fucking shambles that, support was unreal.

The Jerome & Nlundulu combination coming on is one of the most demoralising things to see.

Nlundulu, fucking hell. Should be proper carving himself a career and making strides, showing what he's about. There's nothing is there.

13 minutes ago, desperado said:

I think that’s a decent post, points out where the issues are without going OTT with the criticism.

Don’t understand the criticism of Thomason, he was far more involved and influential than Sheehan and Dempsey.

Issues with subs and not putting chances away are valid.

Really pissed off with that defeat tonight.  

I don’t know if it’s just a Bolton thing, put our ability to press the self-destruct button in games that should have been put to bed is ridiculous.

And I don’t just mean under Evatt.

Bar the 96/97 season there’s games every season I’ve watched us, where we are in good form, playing well, creating chances and the other team seem out of it….

But you just know, you just fucking know that if we don’t kill a team off they’ll come back and fucking steal the points. God it fucking hurts being a Bolton fan. 

Honestly don't think it's just a Bolton thing. I often watch games on TV where the "best" team contrive to turn a lead into defeat. And we only lost twice last season after scoring first, if I'm not mistaken (Pompey & Shrewsbury). Odd common denominator is Charles putting us ahead in all 3, does anyone else ever score away?