Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stevenage (H)

globaldiver

• Site Supporter

Not sure what the point of Jerome is. OK on the odd occasion he has lent a hand defensively with his height, but he offers nowt up top.

Come January we will surely look to strengthen, especially if Bod isn't flavour of the month neither.

Anyway, a win is a win. They found a way.

That was a bloody fantastic win against a team who knew exactly how to ruffle us and did for the whole game but if anybody questions the character of these players after a second half performance like that they need their head looking at, we were superb and handled 5hem so much better. How good was Bod when he came on though, pure class. Surely IE must now see that he has to start with Dion but I’ll bet if he’s fit it will be Victor on Saturday. Never mind 3 very important points and beards and upwards.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not sure what the point of Jerome is. OK on the odd occasion he has lent a hand defensively with his height, but he offers nowt up top.

Come January we will surely look to strengthen, especially if Bod isn't flavour of the month neither.

Anyway, a win is a win. They found a way.

Like you say I can’t see Carlisle being as good as Stevenage which tbf played some decent stuff

yes IE needs to look at his options January yet again only Charles doing the business 

They gave us a helluva game. Evans tactics were spot on. He knew we hadn't got the big man at the back and brought the high press and the ball pumped into the box. Could have gone either way but thanks to Baxter's save and Reid stuffing that sitter - and above all, defensive resilience - we got over the line.

Hopefully we'll be far more comfortable at their place with a full squad.

Bloody hell that was a nervy watch, Iredale was naive first half & I was on edge with him/Thomason but credit where it’s due he bailed us out of the shit with some massive clearances/recoveries at the end also involved in all three goals. At the minute it’s try win the first half or get a lead then defend for our lives because we haven’t got no depth to freshen things up in the midfield or at wing back. Showed some bollocks the past two games when dead on our feet.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Two games on bounce we've dug deep.

Half of me says great character, other half says we dont half make it hard for ourselves.

Onwards and Upwards. 

It ought to show the players that they can achieve their goals, but at the same time there are still some doubts about whether the squad is quite as good as it needs to be for automatic promotion. 

Two games won against current rivals though, so if they keep it up and perhaps strengthen again in January, then maybe..

For me something to take from the game tonight is that Stevenage came here tonight and gave absolutely everything they had and still couldn’t beat us. I don’t believe they can play any better or give any more than they did tonight but we can. That’s reassuring.

2 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

There front three think it was 19 11 and 20 were brilliant caused us massive problems 

Thinking same myself they are a handful

Hats off to them they'll be up there playing like that if they can keep them fit 

The lad who tucked away their first has bagged a few this season be a few sniffing about come January I'd imagine 

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Pleased with the result not so pleased with some of Evatts decisions, Bod being behind lulu and Jerome is a crime to football. 

I really don't get it. 

Why give him a new contract in the summer?

It's like Evatt is to stubborn for his own good, convinces himself wheeling the likes of Kachunga and Dan out every week will work. It clearly doesn't and he still does it. Baffling 

Pleased with the win all the same