Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Leyton Orient (A)

Leyther_Matt

7 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

We all see things differently, I thought Bod was quality. Intelligent, composed hold up play and quick accurate passing, generally. Never heard him described as a lump 😆

Bod is a good player but Luton replay and today he was bobbins

13 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

We all see things differently, I thought Bod was quality. Intelligent, composed hold up play and quick accurate passing, generally. Never heard him described as a lump 😆

Haha maybe lump is harsh. Two link up men is probably better. 

I like Bod, hes a great footballer but Im just struggling to find him an effective role especially when hes more often than not coming on when Charles is off.

I just dont get why we have to take both our main forwards off after 60 mins.

Vic and Dion are our best pairing by a mile. As soon as that partnership goes off its game on for the opposition.

Change one all day, Bod for Vic or whatever but I just get my head around our most clinical striker and spearhead of our whole operation going off after an hour every week along with his best link up man.

Edited by gonzo

Not a earth shattering point, I know, but tight games like that are won and lost in and around both boxes, we were way off it in both, passing up big chances, gifting them big chances. 

Evatt had already indicated after news about Forrester that a change of tack in the transfer window would probably be necessary, I'd imagine efforts to bring in a CB are ongoing. 

Concern for me across the three games has been reflected in Evatt's post match 'we expected to play at our pace and weren't allowed to'. It was all too slow and ponderous in the half hour v Cheltenham, much quicker and better on Tuesday (in a more open cup game), back to expecting to play walking football today. We need to get our heads back into 'start fast score first' mode this Tuesday

11 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Haha maybe lump is harsh. Two link up men is probably better. 

I like Bod, hes a great footballer but Im just struggling to find him an effective role especially when hes more often than not coming on when Charles is off.

I just dont get why we have to take both our main forwards off after 60 mins.

Vic and Dion are our best pairing by a mile. As soon as that partnership goes off its game on for the opposition.

Change one all day, Bod for Vic or whatever but I just get my head around our most clinical striker and spearhead of our whole operation going off after an hour every week along with his best link up man.

He isn’t helped by being brought on with Jerome.

There was a chance today where JDB played a really clever headed pass into Jerome’s path, just on the right of the area - if he had any pace about him (or if it was Dion) then he was clear through on goal and JDB has got a really good assist. As it was, the defender got back as Jerome was running in treacle and it went out for a corner.

From the transfer rumours, it sounds like Evatt is on the hunt for a new striker, which assuming he takes the same approach of 2 off 2 on, might just benefit JDB if he gets brought on alongside someone who’s even half competent!

42 minutes ago, gonzo said:

What would you like him to say?

I would like him to have a bit of spunk about him, says the same every defeat! Say to the board we need some players, which we do!  Hes the boss at the end of the day. If he, and his management team, cant cope with a team newly promoted, we have issues, dont we?

8 minutes ago, woolli said:

I would like him to have a bit of spunk about him, says the same every defeat! Say to the board we need some players, which we do!  Hes the boss at the end of the day. If he, and his management team, cant cope with a team newly promoted, we have issues, dont we?

His interview after today was completely different tone to any this season, said he was very disappointed, would of subbed all 11 and told the players to reflect on there performance today, he has already told the board we need reinforcements and it’s reported Ennis and 1 other due to sign next week. 

12 minutes ago, woolli said:

I don't think you've actually listened to his comments this evening.

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

They're not newly promoted are they. It's mid January.

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

No i havent actually

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

Fair enough. We're just discussing it in the car and said there was little support in the 2nd half, in terms of "Cmon you whites/Bolton" type songs trying to gee em up

It sounded great on 'O' TV, first half especially.