Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Luton Town (H)

Big E

Only managed to see the 2nd half (cheers Gonzo) but what a performance, again.

We’ve just gone toe-to-toe with a prem side over 2 games and are unlucky to have lost. We dominated that half and Luton couldn’t live with our intensity and some of our passing and moving at times - I’d go as far as saying it’s some of the best football I’ve seen us play, considering the opposition, for the majority of that half.

Sheehan was outstanding, what a player, GT - Christ I was wrong on him, unreal. The front 2 looked so dangerous, Santos bullied Morris and I thought Iredale looked really assured at left centre back.

At the end of the season, it might not be the worst thing that were out of the FA cup. I’d have loved to have won it but playing as well as that but not adding another fixture to the season might just be a blessing.

Well played whites

• Members

Sheehan and GT absolutely brilliant.

Would need to see a replay of the offside, must've been tight.

Heads held high though tonight. Great effort.

All those moaning about us still being in cups will be over the moon we're out.

1 minute ago, auckland_bwfc said:

A good shift that. 

Gonna have dreams tonight of "the dark arts" in a Geordie accent going round my head😂

Dark arts. Gav Sheehan and wondering whether PB was replaced by AI will live long into the night

• Site Supporter
Just now, burnden said:

only saw it in real time , says on radio manc it was offside but dearden and browny are still not sure.

rewatched it from the camera angle, didn't appear to be, onside as he went forward onto the pass from behind their player. 

Can be proud of that performance. Don't think there was a bad player.  Thomasson was very good tonight. Shame he put that volley over the bar though. 

The delay in the assistant ref's decision makes no sense. Not that length of time. What possible reason can he have to leave it over 10 seconds.....useless cunt is the answer.