Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan Athletic (A)

Leyther_Matt

8 minutes ago, deeane Koontz said:

Classy player N'gog

Better than all of our current strikers combined

He was another shit for brains mercenary that bled the club dry on inflated wages for fuck all in return.

Him and his ilk were what sealed the deal and fucked the job up good and proper.

That whole band of shite that were meant to get us back up make me want to cry. 

What an absolute shit show.

He had one good game off the bench v Cardiff. The rest was utter shit. Craig Davies was better.

....his transfer to Swansea has to be up there with Madine in all time bonkers signings.

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

He was another shit for brains mercenary that bled the club dry on inflated wages for fuck all in return.

Him and his ilk were what sealed the deal and fucked the job up good and proper.

He had one good game off the bench v Cardiff. The rest was utter shit. Craig Davies was better.

....his transfer to Swansea has to be up there with Madine in all time bonkers signings.

Do you feel a bit better now pal :D

11 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I tracked his career after he left us for about 10 years, he was shit everywhere he went.  

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Ani said:

Nah we won under Coyle, think it was 3-1, it was the first game that Coyle decided Muamba and Holden were not good enough in central midfield . 

Holden had been injured for some time by then 

Our midfield options around then were M Davies, Muamba, Reo Coker and Pratley

9 minutes ago, Zico said:

Holden had been injured for some time by then 

Our midfield options around then were M Davies, Muamba, Reo Coker and Pratley

Not the game I am thinking off then ! 

31 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Scored last minute at Brighton when it all kicked off with the stewards 

That's all I remember 

Aye & even that went in off his shin !!

Ngog was awful, the only thing you could say for him was that he probably wasn't as bad as Sordell.

5 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I tracked his career after he left us for about 10 years, he was shit everywhere he went.  

Most are !!.

We adore them , give them a chance.  They believe their own hype .

Piss off and slowly disappear 

21 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Had mental issues IIRC.

Couldn’t settle. 

The type of panic signing that we’d just never make now. £4m spunked away with clearly no diligence done, complete last minute gamble - just one example of how badly we were run for so long.

30 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The type of panic signing that we’d just never make now. £4m spunked away with clearly no diligence done, complete last minute gamble - just one example of how badly we were run for so long.

It was but we have made some stupid signings in the last couple of years wasting our small budget

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Sold Cahill for £7m to bring in Sordell and Ream for the same amount.

Would surely have stood a better chance of staying up by keeping Cahill until the end of the season (and losing him on a free) instead, and therefore pocketed a lot more in PL money. But what do I know. 

Coyle had never even seen Sordell play. Infuriating. 

11 hours ago, gonzo said:

Was that the game he got sent off too?