Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan Athletic (A)

Leyther_Matt

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I would sack this cunt tonight and get a proper, experienced manager in who would put some steel in that midfield and get them working harder.If the midfielders Evatt has signed are softies than a centre half would be put there.The top end of Div 3 is so weak this season i reckon a proper manager would get that squad up.

bit OTT, midfielders are not to blame today, 

no fire power uptop, despite having our two most expensive players on.

Is "For next year" code for .. "I fooked up and he's not right for us"

They just waited and waited knowing we couldn’t score and then sucker punch. 
Evatts sideways and back passing style just doesn’t work at this time in the season.

Barnsley must be pissing their sides and licking their lips now 

Evatt said this was a weak league this season and it was a good chance for us to go up I feel if we don't do it this season the teams coming down will be stronger and I don't think we will complete for promotion next season with these tactics 

What a shower of shit Brand Evatt fuck off sick of this sideways passing that is the worst Wigan side I have seen us play and we still lost. 
No doubt he will go on about transition blah blah.

Have to go in work again tomorrow to take loads of shit off wigganers thanks for nothing IE and the players. 

1 minute ago, only1swanny said:

no fire power uptop, despite having our two most expensive players on.

Is "For next year" code for .. "I fooked up and he's not right for us"

We needed players in to strengthen our squad / fuck that Markham off now

6 minutes ago, Moots said:

They just waited and waited knowing we couldn’t score and then sucker punch. 
Evatts sideways and back passing style just doesn’t work at this time in the season.

Barnsley must be pissing their sides and licking their lips now 

Fuck Barnsley. Long ball cunts. 

Anyone getting an inferiority complex over them needs to grow a pair of bollocks.

Edited by Arrested development

2 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Possibly not, but how many times do we push it up the side only for the ball to be passed backwards to retain possession?

We never take risks in the final third and by the time we do get up the pitch the opposition have every man back and the strikers have no chance - especially with the shit crosses that are sent into a packed box - we are just way too ponderous moving the ball forward.

Possession is fine but if we are going to score goals we need to risk giving it away sometimes by moving it forward quickly - and ideally, accurately.

We don't and that's why we're slipping.

We still await one, just one, champagne moment away from home at a ground where we actually care about winning, or at a big club or at a promotion challenger.  It doesn't even have to be a win, just a goal that really counts at the time would give us a memory.  I've not forgotten Toal's last minute headers at Wycombe and Lincoln but they don't register as "I was there" moments. Its a wierdly flat season for a team so near the top and it seems to reflect IEs methodical, systematic approach above thrills and spills.

He’s never going to change I don’t want to hear or read is weak excuses it will be the same on Saturday teams have sussed us and he as no idea how to sort it or he’s to fucking stubborn to change it . 

17 minutes ago, royal white said:

I think we all knew it was going to happen. Totally dominated but our finishing is woeful. Why he kept Collins on is anyone’s guess. 

Collin's doesn't have a clue how to play our system and which Evatt has near enough admitted in the Bolton News today , basically saying he will be better after a pre- season . A bizarre and expensive signing if so , when teams spend big in January on a marquee signing  it's usually so they can go straight in and at some stage have a big impact on your promotion drive , he basically looks a fish out of water .

Edited by dusan nikolic

For all those who say we can’t get rid of Evatt, look at Charlton since Nathan Jones came in. Unlucky not to beat us, drew with Pompey and now beat Derby and there was no tippy tappy in those games and all back to back. Took a bunch of good but underperforming players and completely transformed them. They’ll be top six easily next year.

1 minute ago, dusan nikolic said:

Collin's doesn't have a clue how to play our system and which Evatt has near enough admitted in the Bolton News today , basically saying he will be better after a pre- season . A bizarre and expensive signing if so , when teams spend big in January on a marquee signing , it's usually so they can go straight in and at some stage have a big impact on your promotion drive , he basically looks a fish out of water .

Spot on andcquestions need to be asked.