L/H White

• Moderators

Not feeling nervous

Not feeling excited 

Not even cautiously optimistic 

Feeling somewhat indifferent to the result for some reason 

Not sure why

I'm sure this will change come kick off

Warning - please skip this post if you're not interested in stats / history or you'll be bored rigid. 

Lots of mentions on how poor our recent record is in this fixture. It's not just recent - it's always been a shocker for us and is one of our worst away records. Our list of worst away records is like a rogue's gallery of teams that are historically shit, but more on that later.

We won our first game there in the inaugural season but then had 12 win-less visits through the rest of the 1880s and 1890s before our next win in 1902. At that stage we'd won 2 of 14, almost the same ratio as our overall 10 in 68 which I think puts a bit of context into how bad our record is in Derby.

Our next 10 trips were our most successful spell, winning 4, drawing 4 and losing just 2. The last of those draws in 1920 was the start of another 12 game win-less streak, this time worse than the last as we lost 11 in a row taking us post WW2. Even our all conquering cup heroes of the 1920's couldn't win there!

Since then we've had the occasional win breaking up smaller win-less streaks, but we're currently on our longest barren run since the war of 9 games.

That sequence is the same as our run at Old Trafford and 1 behind our run at Anfield, both a bit more understandable than Derby. It's also some way of our win-less streaks at teams like Arsenal (15, since the cup giant-killing), Blackpool (14), or Rotherham (19!). 

For league games only, using 3 points per win and measuring on points per game, Derby are our 8th worst away record or 4th worst excluding teams we've visited less than 5 times. I found this list interesting (and shocking) so I'll share it:

Club
Away Away Away
P W D L win% ppg
Colchester United 2 0 0 2 0.0% 0.00
New Brighton Tower 1 0 0 1 0.0% 0.00
Scarborough 1 0 0 1 0.0% 0.00
Walsall 11 0 3 8 0.0% 0.27
Torquay United 3 0 1 2 0.0% 0.33
Rotherham United 20 1 6 13 5.0% 0.45
Brentford 20 2 5 13 10.0% 0.55
Derby County 64 8 14 42 12.5% 0.59

We're unlikely to be improving our record against most of these anytime soon (and hopefully we leapfrog Rotherham and avoid that trip for years), but we can with Derby today ... and obviously Brentford in the next year of two.

Of course, none of this makes a jot of difference to who wins today - we will, obviously - but thought I'd share anyway.

Don't say you weren't warned 😁 

55 minutes ago, wakey said:

Warning - please skip this post if you're not interested in stats / history or you'll be bored rigid. 

Lots of mentions on how poor our recent record is in this fixture. It's not just recent - it's always been a shocker for us and is one of our worst away records. Our list of worst away records is like a rogue's gallery of teams that are historically shit, but more on that later.

We won our first game there in the inaugural season but then had 12 win-less visits through the rest of the 1880s and 1890s before our next win in 1902. At that stage we'd won 2 of 14, almost the same ratio as our overall 10 in 68 which I think puts a bit of context into how bad our record is in Derby.

Our next 10 trips were our most successful spell, winning 4, drawing 4 and losing just 2. The last of those draws in 1920 was the start of another 12 game win-less streak, this time worse than the last as we lost 11 in a row taking us post WW2. Even our all conquering cup heroes of the 1920's couldn't win there!

Since then we've had the occasional win breaking up smaller win-less streaks, but we're currently on our longest barren run since the war of 9 games.

That sequence is the same as our run at Old Trafford and 1 behind our run at Anfield, both a bit more understandable than Derby. It's also some way of our win-less streaks at teams like Arsenal (15, since the cup giant-killing), Blackpool (14), or Rotherham (19!). 

For league games only, using 3 points per win and measuring on points per game, Derby are our 8th worst away record or 4th worst excluding teams we've visited less than 5 times. I found this list interesting (and shocking) so I'll share it:

Club
Away Away Away
P W D L win% ppg

We're unlikely to be improving our record against most of these anytime soon (and hopefully we leapfrog Rotherham and avoid that trip for years), but we can with Derby today ... and obviously Brentford in the next year of two.

Of course, none of this makes a jot of difference to who wins today - we will, obviously - but thought I'd share anyway.

Hmmm, interesting.

I'm nearly 60 and struggling to remember us ever winning at Newcastle either???

1 hour ago, wakey said:

Club
Away Away Away
P W D L win% ppg

"We've Never Won at Walsall" sounds like a new Bolton forum. Mind you, if it took off but then we won a game at Walsall, it'd be a bit fucked 😃

32 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

"We've Never Won at Walsall" sounds like a new Bolton forum. Mind you, if it took off but then we won a game at Walsall, it'd be a bit fucked 😃

We've won there in the league cup not so long ago.

"We've never won a league game at Walsall" isn't so catchy 😁

39 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

Would take a point but if we play like we did tuesday, with that intensity then I think we can get the three points.

Not sure how I want the peterboro Portsmouth game to go though. If Portsmouth lose and we win then the title is still there. 

Portsmouth win IMO

1 hour ago, Arrested development said:

Not sure how I want the peterboro Portsmouth game to go though. If Portsmouth lose and we win then the title is still there. 

Ultimately I couldn't give a shite if we are first or second.

I do give a shite if we're 3rd or lower.

I suppose a draw there would be nice, otherwise Pompey win.

1 hour ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

If your driving, just landed at the Navigation Inn across from Conference Centre 

Thanks mate. Ended up in a boozer in Hilton, 20 mins away. About 4 coaches full of Boltons finest idiots turned up. 😁

Just leaving for ground now. 

COYFWM!!!!!!

2 hours ago, embankment said:

Breakfast completed , supping good Ale in a tap.

Derby Town Centre full of Derby fans .

Plus seen 2 half n half scarves  .

Unbelievable,  Chinese 😺

Glad you got a ticket and are down there

Fill your boots 

you deserve it

1 hour ago, Arrested development said:

Fuck the title - promotion is the goal and Posh could deny us so play up Pompey! Even a draw would be OK, but not a Posh win.

Irrelevant any way if we don't beat Derby. Which we will. COYWM!

15 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Fuck the title - promotion is the goal and Posh could deny us so play up Pompey! Even a draw would be OK, but not a Posh win.

Irrelevant any way if we don't beat Derby. Which we will. COYWM!

Yeah I think a draw would be the best outcome.

But the title is there so fuck it, let's go and get it. 

Edited by Arrested development