Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bristol Rovers (A)

burnden

He’s very much proving his value to the team. Starting or coming on when you need a goal and trying to break down a team that’s camped in - not great. Coming on when you’ve got a lead and you’re trying to see it out - very much showing he’s an asset.

Add to that his clear leadership off the pitch and I think it’s clear what he adds to the squad.

Doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t love to see Charles or Vic back as an option ahead of him, but if we do go up then I definitely think he’ll have made his contribution, especially during the second half of the season.

Good day out, Baxter was superb with the saves just after half time.  Was in control without being in control if that makes sense.

a ground out win with a 7/10 performance.

thommason did superbly well for the first goal and a great finish.

CJ is so good at late on game management.

great race against the bus back to the station ( those that know - know) and a good sing song and drink on the train back.

4 more wins please 

The change and saves Baxter commands were such a reassurance. Fantastic to have him back. 

Collins chip was a thing of beauty. He’s gonna be a cracking player for us.

15 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Crap ground but they did a belting Cornish Pastie 

Not sure, Bod & Jerome will be gone and I've a feeling Vic could be moved on to 

Especially if we go up, we'll need to freshen up

Edited by L/H White

Don't worry folks, Dan will be back :)

If we'd come out of the traps like we did v Reading I suspect Evatt would have been more comfortable with hauling Rico off when he first felt the injury - worries me that leaving him on could have exacerbated the problem and I'll be gutted if he isn't available for the last few games.

What is the problem with Sheehan?

22 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Don't worry folks, Dan will be back :)

If we'd come out of the traps like we did v Reading I suspect Evatt would have been more comfortable with hauling Rico off when he first felt the injury - worries me that leaving him on could have exacerbated the problem and I'll be gutted if he isn't available for the last few games.

What is the problem with Sheehan?

Hamstring 

12 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Frannie Lee MUST have !

Good shout to be fair!  I'm guessing the likelihood is massively reduced by the fact that they didn't used to play about 8 minutes injury time every game.  Games always finished around 4.40 and if there had been a delay it might get to 4.45 at latest.  Now I just assume a 5pm finish in our games especially if we're winning by 1.

9 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Hamstring 

Thought it was his hip? Pretty sure he landed heavy on it.

Not 100% but hopefully it’s just an impact injury rather than muscle.

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Thought it was his hip? Pretty sure he landed heavy on it.

Not 100% but hopefully it’s just an impact injury rather than muscle.

Remember him landing badly when he hooked the ball over his head into their box, so hopefully it's nothing more than a bruise.