Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Playoffs

L/H White

4 minutes ago, Greg_BWFC said:

Think they've got Fleetwood and Carlisle this week 🤦‍♂️.

They are absolute playoff kryptonite.

But we're finishing 2nd, so all good 😀

Plus this is Oxfords run in :(

Screenshot_20240408_101201_LiveScore.jpg

Picture the scene the next 8-9 days.

Wycombe bounce back from disappointment yesterday to scrape a 1-0 over Derby with backs to the wall stuff. Sads with the winner.

Roll on to Saturday, Derby are 2-0 down at HT. Fightback and pull back to 2-2 with 15 to go, but can't find that elusive winner. Meanwhile, at the Reebok, we beat Pompey 3-1, Charles netting off the bench and the place is bouncing.

On to Tuesday, we batter Shrewsbury 4-0. GD now looking handy, we had into a home game with Port Vale Saturday week knowing 3 points will secure 2nd spot. Mega.

In my honest opinion however, I do think it'll go down to the final game, hope Peterborough drop points before we go there, I think if they are already in playoffs at best, we'll get 4000 tickets like Pompey and they may well rest players too.

5 minutes ago, BeeversLeftPeg said:

Picture the scene the next 8-9 days.

Wycombe bounce back from disappointment yesterday to scrape a 1-0 over Derby with backs to the wall stuff. Sads with the winner.

Roll on to Saturday, Derby are 2-0 down at HT. Fightback and pull back to 2-2 with 15 to go, but can't find that elusive winner. Meanwhile, at the Reebok, we beat Pompey 3-1, Charles netting off the bench and the place is bouncing.

On to Tuesday, we batter Shrewsbury 4-0. GD now looking handy, we had into a home game with Port Vale Saturday week knowing 3 points will secure 2nd spot. Mega.

In my honest opinion however, I do think it'll go down to the final game, hope Peterborough drop points before we go there, I think if they are already in playoffs at best, we'll get 4000 tickets like Pompey and they may well rest players too.

That would be the perfect scenario, of course.

That said, I've heard 2100 is about as good as we'll get for Peterborough.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

Yes there chairman came under fire from Portsmouth game, said it won’t happen again 

Take 4k anyway. I’ll sit in a pub. It’s often the day out rather than the game anyway.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Take 4k anyway. I’ll sit in a pub. It’s often the day out rather than the game anyway.

Each to their own, but in those circumstances I'd just watch it in a boozer here and enjoy the celebrations if successful. If not, then can slope off when ready.

Must be a shitter to go all that way, then have to trog home again if unsuccessful. 

1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

Yes there chairman came under fire from Portsmouth game, said it won’t happen again 

Aye though maybe he was under fire for allowing big away numbers for a crucial game. If they're out of the reckoning for autos by then, then they might as well hand over as many as possible?

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Drained with it all me. Proper had enough and fuckin tired.

Not enjoyed this season one bit. 

Constantly built up then having the life sucked out of you.

Exactly how I feel. I think all those mid week aways in Jan/Feb fecked me over....

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Whattsapped this out earlier before I saw your post. Same message slightly different vocab 🥲 

I’m really flat and upset tonight. Feel a bit fed up of it all. I really hope the narrative changes because tonight I just feel like it’s the season that has kept offering chances, we’ve kept having hopes raised and sparks lit, for  them to be weakly blown out. Would be horrible to witness that in the play offs

41 minutes ago, gonzo said:

A good kip and you,ll be back on it for weekend

• Moderators
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Aye and my concern now is that I think we will win the playoffs 

I don't expect to lose over two legs or lose to anyone at Wembley 

Not sure why 

I should know better by now 

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Agree with you wholeheartedly there, this season has been painful.

Coming short in nearly all the big games and have losing both games horrendously to Wigan. 

It's also felt like every single week there has been and opportunity that presents itself and we don't take it and end up playing catch up.

Really hoping we improve next season if it is League 1 again. This season hasn't been good enough.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Might as well finish 4th for the Saturday away leg 

I'd rather finish 4th now - the 5th place team isn't likely to go into the game on the back of a strong run.

We'll beat any of them though

2 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I'd rather finish 4th now - the 5th place team isn't likely to go into the game on the back of a strong run.

We'll beat any of them though

Much easier than messing around on a Friday night, police won’t be happy if it’s Barnsley away 7.45 ko after last season 

10 hours ago, gonzo said:

Seems mad to say it when we’re 3rd in the league, and little bit of an OTT reaction to last night’s result, but I’m exactly the same and can’t fucking wait for this season to finish.

I think it’s a mix of expectation/pressure to go up, meaning sitting 3rd isn’t cause for celebration, having the opposite form to the last few seasons (I.e. first half of the season great and it seeming like we were on track, only for the second half to be shite and the hope just gradually fade) and also the fact that we haven’t had any ‘big’ wins - all the games we’ve won, you’d expect us to so although it’s all great to get the 3 points it doesn’t give you the same buzz that getting 3 points at Wigan/Blackpool/Derby etc. would give you.

Obviously standing in the sun at Wembley celebrating promotion makes it the best season ever, but fuck me even if we do do that in reality it feels like an absolute slog to get there.

Just now, Traf said:

We've won 4 of our last 12 games, yet people thought we'd win the last four of the season?

Yeah but we’ve smashed possession. You need to remember that. 

5 minutes ago, Traf said:

We've won 4 of our last 12 games, yet people thought we'd win the last four of the season?

aye, sick of hearing we'll beat anyone in the playoffs, must have been watching with their eyes closed last few month