Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dougie Freedman - New Manager

barmyarmy

Some of the comments, if the bloke reads this I'd be surprised if he bothers coming.

On the plus side NB, you might be able to get rid of some of these pitcjforks that you've got stored, as it sounds like some folk aren't going to give him the slightest chance

I wanted someone who will instill some discipline into our team and who is proven in Management.

Not some young, in-experienced Manager who has done nothing so far.

I've had 5 texts and every one of them is pissed off with this appointment.

Mick Mcarthy, Billy Davies, Graham Souness are all proven if slightly un-popular.

Hope i'm wrong.

I'm happy enough with this appointment and I have a good feeling he will do well.

Young, ambitious and must have a lot of belief in himself as he has just left a team in fourth place in the league.

If you don't give the bloke a chance from day one go and support some other team.

• Site Supporter

He was on the other week about the Wigan being after Zaha etc,thought he sounded spot on.

I also think people in football hold us in a little higher esteem than our own fans do.

Aye, he said it wasnt as much as Bolton snatching him, Freedman saw us a being the better option for his mangerial ambitions, he said we had acted properly and that he wasnt holding us to ransom over commpensation, it was all amicable. Apperently we emailed them regarding Freedmans availiability on Friday, but they didnt mention it then due to the game for obvious reasons.

Aye, he said it wasnt as much as Bolton snatching him, Freedman saw us a being the better option for his mangerial ambitions, he said we had acted properly and that he wasnt holding us to ransom over commpensation, it was all amicable. Apperently we emailed them regarding Freedmans availiability on Friday, but they didnt mention it then due to the game for obvious reasons.

Did we email them or did Garty tweet them: Giz ur mgr plz :lol:

when did we show any ambition ha ha ha

I must have had some wonderful dream the past 20 odd years then, a bit like Tom Cruise in that shit film apart from the bumming - or is that another movie? I dunno it's probably a bad analogy - not many people have seen the film.

McCarthy, Billy Davies, Souness? Sounds like a shortlist of the most retrograde appointments we could've made. But they'd have come in and kicked some airy fairy puffs into touch - Eagles would be the first to feel their...erm, wrath? After all he's been...

Link to an interview with Freedman before the game versus United last year:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/crystal-palace/8924349/Manchester-United-v-Crystal-Palace-Dougie-Freedman-relishing-pitting-wits-against-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-in-cup.html

When we were first linked I was as underwhelmed as anyone, but looking at the names knocking around ther wasn't much on offer at all, and the more I've read about him the more I am encouraged.

Got my full backing.