Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Years Resolutions

anewman

Stuck to mine last year for 9 months and lost 133lb and completed the Great North Run in less than 2 hours at 53 year old. Put about 25lb back on this last 3 month but have bulked up more than I wanted. so had my last drink on xmas day and am now back on the waggon til march or at least until I am 185lb or less. Also plan to do at least one 10k race a month and a park run every sat til end of march.

Biggest one though is to get an offer for a place at Chester uni for a 4 year NHS sponsored dietetics degree course in the next couple of months.

Stuck to mine last year for 9 months and lost 133lb and completed the Great North Run in less than 2 hours at 53 year old. Put about 25lb back on this last 3 month but have bulked up more than I wanted. so had my last drink on xmas day and am now back on the waggon til march or at least until I am 185lb or less. Also plan to do at least one 10k race a month and a park run every sat til end of march.

Biggest one though is to get an offer for a place at Chester uni for a 4 year NHS sponsored dietetics degree course in the next couple of months.

Very impressive that BGOE

Good willpower?

1). Lose weight, put quite a bit of timber on since packing the cigs in (161 days £1,199.45p saved) luckily the other half wants to lose some too so that helps.

2). Stop posting on Facebook when pissed, I'm the best at making a knob of myself At times.

3). Haircuts more often, Ive hated paying for haircuts since my twenties when my bird at the time was a hairdresser.

4) Get the house finished inside the next 5 months, I've had it 9 months and not slept in the thing yet.

Good willpower?

Yeah guess it all boils down to that in the end, helped along by wanting to reach goals I set to do stuff I'd not done since my 30's. After a few weeks hard work, the progress snowballs and spurs you on. It becomes more interesting and important than TV, footie, pub and owt else.

Good willpower?

Indeed he has. I am in awe of Bs willpower and willingness to set out a new career path after a rough time. An inspiration and a good man with it. Edited by jazza