Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

42 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

With respect that jealousy bit is a million miles from the truth.  Never crosses my mind for a second to be envious of another club and I'd surprised if many BW fans are any different.

I genuinely think promotion from 3rd or 4th tier gives me as much pleasure as City fans get from winning a title.  Course I'd be even more chuffed if we won a league title or FA Cup, but part of that would be in the context that we'd have done a Leicester (or Wigan) and experienced something we probably won't repeat.  Only my thoughts anyway, absolutely get anyone else feeling different.

I'm with you on this.

Watching the home fans celebrate beating their only title rival last night, they looked a little bit... muted. Sanitised. A bit hollow. A bit PG. 

Wheres the jeopardy for them? They know they're going to win the league most years, play the same old, same old teams. 

Theyve become everything they used to slag the red filth off for. I'm not really that fussed if we don't see the Prem again.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, TM Trotter said:

I'm with you on this.

Watching the home fans celebrate beating their only title rival last night, they looked a little bit... muted. Sanitised. A bit hollow. A bit PG. 

Wheres the jeopardy for them? They know they're going to win the league most years, play the same old, same old teams. 

Theyve become everything they used to slag the red filth off for. I'm not really that fussed if we don't see the Prem again.

If you've no ambition, then it becomes pointless. Even Sharon and Evatt have spoken about getting the club back to the highet reaches.

Players want to succeed too.

I watched the highlights last night, and the atmosphere seemed tremendous, and fans were jubilant. 

The "jeopardy" is not winning the title- might seem a high minded attitude, but it is the philosophy of their manager, the players etc. As it was with Fergusson.

If you want to win things, you build a team of winners.

Plenty of folk on here exhibit similar views, but purely because we are a bigger club then some around us. 

Size means nothing, nor does the money of itself.

However, when the likes of city spend it, they understandably have some level of expectation, as do chelsea etc but they are miles off.

Get the right structure and approach in place though and they will challenge. Newcastle are starting to exhibit precisely that and I will be interested to see their progress next year.

The success of city and liverpool recently isnt purely because of the money, but how it is used.

Exactly as we have been doing recently, albeit with a much smaller budget. Good people in place, pulling together in the same direction.

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

If you've no ambition, then it becomes pointless. Even Sharon and Evatt have spoken about getting the club back to the highet reaches.

I watched the highlights last night, and the atmosphere seemed tremendous, and fans were jubilant. 

The "jeopardy" is not winning the title- might seem a high minded attitude, but it is the philosophy of their manager, the players etc. As it was with Fergusson.

Plenty of folk on here exhibit similar views, but purely because we are a bigger club then some around us. 

However, when the likes of city spend it, they understandably have some level of expectation, as do chelsea etc but they are miles off.

Get the right structure and approach in place though and they will challenge. Newcastle are starting to exhibit precisely that and I will be interested to see their progress next year.

The success of city and liverpool recently isnt purely because of the money, but how it is used.

Exactly as we have been doing recently, albeit with a much smaller budget. Good people in place, pulling together in the same direction.

Well done, you win the platitudes award this week.

Or rather, meaningless earpiss.

I hear this sort of gubbins all the time.

21 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You're not wrong. And they've got an incredible manager with a phenomenal mindset (that our beloved IE is a student of - read The Barcelona Way for an insight).

Without wanting to drop any earpiss platitudes (🙃), did last night feel as "real" as the Gillingham game? I dunno. 

If we got bought out by a billionaire, I would want to think that the feeling of that second going in in the third rate pizza cup would be pretty damned hard to top. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Respect to Guardiola. Nowt but praise. KDB probably the best player in the Prem the last few years imo. Their football - truly amazing

But living amongst them fans? Fuck me. If you have an inbred hatred of the Red shite, try living around the current Blue shite. 

Knowing you're an interloper is only going to drive them on!

You'll have to move! :)

43 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Respect to Guardiola. Nowt but praise. KDB probably the best player in the Prem the last few years imo. Their football - truly amazing

But living amongst them fans? Fuck me. If you have an inbred hatred of the Red shite, try living around the current Blue shite. 

Have to agree about city fans… set of gobshite cuntstains.

4 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

A wrong will be righted

A ghost will be laid

A turd will be flushed

The clock is ticking

Bye bye Everton

Justice will be done

Tick tock

So true, Hans Segars and that Wimbledon game was well dodge. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

Like fans of any team on an individual level, I know some city lads who are sound 

But on the whole, as a collective, I find them repugnant 

Been in many a pub watching games full of them, and spoke to plenty over the last 20 years living in Manchester and find them unnecessarily arrogant, aggressive and angry 

Like a gaggle of Liam Gallaghers  

Was fun watching the Gary Speed 0-1 game with them all in the red lion in withington though 

21 minutes ago, Zico said:

Like a gaggle of Liam Gallaghers

Haha nailed it

Local pub puts on a double decker to each game. Fair play to the landlord . He has them boozing in there pre and post game. Lot of them sit together in a block with a flag that you don’t see on TV. Used to go in there a lot. Richard Dunne handball, Anelka double both taken with banter.

We lost 1-0 (Tevez?). Suddenly became a bit darker. What the fuck does a small town club like yours think that they can achieve? Real nastiness. Continued ever since.

Pizza Cup? Ha ha fuck you and your small time trophies. You’re no better than Rochdale and Oldham

Nowt against Pep. Nowt against their football. Everything against their cunty fanboys