Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

Alan Nixon@reluctantnicko 5 mins5 minutes ago

Bolton. Couple of prospective buyers trying to figure out why still need a further 8m to take over for season ... is that to pay bank debt?

I'm struggling to see what they'd be trying to figure out.

Couldn't they just ask?

I'm fairly sure we've not handed them a bill with a bit in small print down the bottom that says 'secret stuff: £8m'.

I don't think anyone knows how much the car park sale yielded, or indeed if this has actually occurred yet. I don't think anyone actually knows where that money will go/has gone and how it affects any potential sale.

Is it any wonder nobody believes fuck all that comes out of the club, or wants anyone who's been involved the ED years to be involved the sooner the lot of them get to fuck the better, set of cunts ran the club for years, and for BW trying to Cosy up with BWST to kee his feet under the table, surely that's a none starter.

I don't think anyone knows how much the car park sale yielded, or indeed if this has actually occurred yet. I don't think anyone actually knows where that money will go/has gone and how it affects any potential sale.

There's a bloke down the pub who knows all these figures/numbers

• Moderators

Birchy has been disappointingly quite, the rest of the staff are probably more worried about paying their mortgage than communications. I heard some bollocks on Saturday, people are taking what McGinlay says as gospel.

I'm not sure about Warby, he's a fan, who are we to say he can't put £10 in and join the Supporters Trust? He might even be willing to pump his money back in once ED has gone, again, who knows.

If we needed £15m to see the season through

And if we've cleared circa £6m from a car park sale (after buying land back)

Then £8m remaining to see the season through would be about right

Couple of if's in there granted but the numbers don't seem ridiculous - not sure what Nixon is getting at

Say the 6 million figure is reasonably accurate with regards to the car park sale we supposedly owed around 2 million to HMRC and another 2 million for wages. Only leaves us around 2 million and what about the loan from Nucleus finance? Has that been cleared?

Edited by Blondi

Is this the same car park the club sold with a debenture on in summer? Might explain both the lack of freeing up funds if there was an amount to pay off the loan plus why the deal was critical in terms of takeover.

Hold the Melons

Really sick and tired of this takeover crap ED either sell or take administration fed up with all these bloody rumours and ffs let us fans know what is happening but then again all ED and PG ever did was lie to us.

Maybe the seller has laid down requirements and it's the prospective buyers who are vacillating.

the unit where TK Maxx is rents out for £1.2m p.a. apparently.

That plot is at least 5x bigger.

If someone builds a few retail units on it they'd have their money back with 10 years or so.

Makes sense

Lucianos is 70k a year if you search middlebrook 'bandstand' let.