Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bristol Rovers 1 Wanderers 2

captainmed

Excellent  result(s) and very promising signs!  Gutted I couldn't go last night as my missus is about to pop and had an interview this morning; but will take 3 wins on the bounce, especially back to back aways!  E I E I E I O

Warms the cockles seeing us top of the league and a few Rovers lads I know down here will be getting it this weekend :) 

I don't think Rioch would've lasted to sign McGinlay, these days

Proper grumpy away atmospheres

Both Preston and Chester were on the edge of turning

I remember one game at Chester, Milk Cup (cos there was a massive milk bottle on the centre circle before the game) Tuesday night match, 0-0 after 90 mins, 0-0 after extra time, then we missed all five of our penalties in the penalty shoot out.

I swore that was it, never again, not wasting my money on that shower of shite.....

I was there stood on the Burnden Paddock next Saturday giving them yet another chance....

Wasnt easy listening last 20 minutes but the fact we are seeing out games rather than letting daft late goals in has to be a positive. Confidence is obviously up and makes a big difference. Spearing wouldn't of scored that last year. It's nice that midfielders are chipping in with goals, but I would like to see our forwards getting on the scoresheet regularly.

• Members

Cheers Burnden Lifeline (see what I did there!).

Now then plebs, am I imagining things or in places there did I detect a confident swagger?

If so, the cautious optimism will be turned up quite a few notches. In this game, confidence is invaluable.

Stuck in traffic out of Bristol and diverted off the M4 on to A-roads most of the way back to London. 5 hours sleep. Don't care, we won!

Highlight was Garrp shouting at three of our lot for singing  'what do we think of Wigan?' 

Would those be the whoppers who kept shouting "what do you think of Wigan ?", & when everyone ignored them, started shouting "our support is fucking shit". They were tedious cunts.

Would those be the whoppers who kept shouting "what do you think of Wigan ?", & when everyone ignored them, started shouting "our support is fucking shit". They were tedious cunts.

That's the school holidays for you.

They were pissed up and it's likely that most of our lot were either driving or in a rush to get to Bristol. Three fans singing 'our support is fucking shit' to over 700 Bolton fans on a Tuesday evening on the other side of the country... yeah ok lads. 

Wheater I think... looking at them boots.

I don't think it took a deflection- saying that I didn't realise the first had until this morning

To me it looks like it takes a glancing header off the guy on the right hand side of the wall. I'm not complaining like - I'd take 3 deflected goals every week.

Praying Wheater and Bevers can stay fit.

Enjoyed that we looked good until they pulled a goal back. Howard looks steady wheater and beevers forming a good partnership spearing got everywhere great free kick at one point the ball was loose in our area in the first half spearing races back and slides in to clear the ball. Clough made some good runs late on eased the pressure on the defence and unlucky not to score