Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

If he was any good we'd have tied him down to a professional contract long ago. He may do reasonably well at Killie as the SPFL is surprisingly technical, but I can't see him scoring panfuls and he'll never be strong or quick witted enough to make a success of it at a decent level here.

"I would have given him a pro deal over scholar. He's a hitman, not easy to find the net frequently. It's the potential e.g. Raul and Platini"

Today's twitter meltdown is about Samizadeh, and it should come with a hyperbole warning.

Its a poor decision and forgive if I'm wring but arent we short of strikers especially goal scorers

Don't talk shit. You've no idea if it's a bad decision yet, nobody does, the next few years will tell us that.

The fact he has gone to Kilmarnock, and not somewhere better, when he has scored so many youth goals and is still a 'young prospect' points to the fact that he's not that highly rated by other teams either.

It might be that in 5 years time he proves people wrong, but we're not really in a position to wait around and see.

"I would have given him a pro deal over scholar. He's a hitman, not easy to find the net frequently. It's the potential e.g. Raul and Platini"

Today's twitter meltdown is about Samizadeh, and it should come with a hyperbole warning.

Same retards who thought Jamie Thomas should be in the first team.

I'm happy to back the judgement of people who have worked with Samizadeh for a few years over those who have never seen him play & couldn't pick him out in a line up.

If Mooy is the best that we've released, we've done pretty well. We offered him a contract but he wanted to leave to play premier league football. 7 years later he still hasn't played a prem league game !!!

Twitter full of football experts. Vast majority of the fuckers have never even seen him play. Club would get all manner of complaints of they'd given him a contract that meant he took up a precious squad place and couldn't sign a senior player.

I was told by an ITK that before this season Samizadeh had said he didn't want to sign full professional terms with us then in case it had an effect on his "big move". Apparently people have had a look at him, including both Merseyside clubs and maybe that turned his head. I've seen him play in the dev squad a handful of times and he looked like he had a bit of pace and movement, temperament looked a bit iffy and like he needed an arm around his shoulders constantly but that's purely opinion.

Standard warning about any post referring to an ITK applies of course.