Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Great news about Alnwick. Will be even better if we find someone to take Amos off our hands. Would expect Howard to pitch up in League Two but, for all the attention on Wilbraham’s heroics on the last day, Howard made a massive contribution with that double save late on.

Seen him a few times for hibs this year. Decent player and would offer us something different. Good signing I think if we get him

Still a bit raw but always looking to get forward and get the ball in to the box. Not sure where he’d fit in to the team as a wide player though given the struggle to accommodate for Morais and/or Noone.

Howard made a massive contribution with that double save late on.

I saw it differently, I thought he made a meal of it and went down like he was unfit or rusty. Every time I saw Howard I thought any half decent shot or cross would prove too much for him. And his kicking was incredibly bad, but it didn't seem to bother him, always seemed disinterested. Worst keeper I can recall for us, but Parky still started a championship season with him ( as well as Darby and Taylor!).

I saw it differently, I thought he made a meal of it and went down like he was unfit or rusty. Every time I saw Howard I thought any half decent shot or cross would prove too much for him. And his kicking was incredibly bad, but it didn't seem to bother him, always seemed disinterested. Worst keeper I can recall for us, but Parky still started a championship season with him ( as well as Darby and Taylor!).

He made a double save. Turned out to be quite important

There’s been plenty worse

• Moderators

He was decent in league one till he got injured at Peterborough and looked dodgy every appearance since

They need a new hobby, what’s the fucking point.

Might sound a bizarre comparison but every now and then I end up in a golf comp drawn with some proper stress heads, club chucking the lot.

I never say owt (as I've been there) but do think just that - what's the point?!  This is your leisure time ffs!

Good to see Alnwick signed up

Avoided the inevitable meltdown that would have happened if John O’Shea had signed

(He’s signed for reading)

We're in the mix for Jonny Evans

I’d have expected a minimum of two to go. They’ve a combined age of 106, for fuck’s sake.

Pratley’s terms were always a potential stumbling block, even before you take his injury record into account.

Do you know what he was asking for?

I'd of kept pratley. Unless we have someone better lined up