Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 2 Shrewsbury 1

Farrelli

We were nervous about being 2-1 up while it was still only 2-0 (if that makes sense). Stroke of luck with the non-penalty but there's no way we only deserved a point. Madine did a good job of leading the line again but Clough flattered to deceive, Ameobi couldn't get in to the game and Vela might as well have stayed in the pub.

I thought we were well on top 1st half, & fairly comfortable 2nd half until Spearing went off. From that point it all went chaotic, though i loved the way we wound the clock down in injury time.  

My guess is that the majority of this season's goals have come from set pieces.....Spearing's delivery combined with Wheater & Beavers makes us quite a threat. Without Mavies we lack the guile to create many chances from open play which is also why we struggle to come back when we go behind....that's life, we can't have everything.

Cold and sober (driving)

On my tod (family out at the sales - I'd rather staple my head to the carpet)

Average performance

We won

Why anyone would bleat about the size of the crowd in a Division 3 game is beyond me. The only times I remember really big crowds (outside of the Prem League era) were Sunderland and Everton in the 70's. Shrewsbury are not a big draw to get people away from family do's and shopping at the sales. The attendance today wasn't bad imo

We won. Fucking great result. 3 more points thank you very much. We will grind this league out right til the very end. COYWM

Cassie is right on this occasion, first one he was flagging offside

Agree on their defending and set pieces. They were leaving two players up for our corners at first and I thought we were going to score everyone.

Fair enough

I wasn't sure but offside looked less likely than a pen to me

That one that stayed out at 0-0 was either a wonder save by then it just twatted him

We got lucky (again) still

Long may it continue

Thought beavers, wheater, spearing and madine played well. Cough poor first half, but better second. Sammy never in the game and for me at fault for the goal. Pen each maybe, but we should have killed that game off earlier, they were poor.

Mulled wine when I got home and all that matters is 3 points. Happy.

• Moderators

We are quite arrogant when we take the lead early at home and have had some fraught last 15 mins.

If we go up, there are not more than 5 of our current team that are championship standard.

Anyway, cross that bridge......

Arrogant?

Hope we carry on being arrogant

Arrogant?

Hope we carry on being arrogant

I think we are border complacent

But, we get away with it most of the time

Even take the piss with the CT sub

• Site Supporter

Bolton win 2-1

Very accurate attempt.

That is the coldest I have ever been at the Macron/Reebok. Was Baltic in WSU

Very poor performance, like Chesterfield. Let's hope that those two were a 'blip', echo the "good teams play bad and wi"n comments. Keep thinking "what if" over Chesterfield, looking at the league table...

They won two and drew the last three. Onwards and upwards

Edited by Ratwhite