Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Holidays, 2017

globaldiver

I've got a week off at the end of January which is an unbelievably shit time. Any suggestions on where I could go for a couple of days? Mrs and little one would be staying at home. Was thinking about Berlin maybe?

Bit cowd?

Rome?

I've seen Thomson Flights Manchester-Goa return for as little as £279 pp booked last minute and believe Visas can be done quickly online these days...

I'm off to The Canaries for the second time this winter end of the month, got a decent apartment for regular booking and will probably arrange another stay for March whilst I'm there. Flights are dirt cheap and regular sun (or the prospect of it) has made this winter a breeze for a change, usually melancholy as fook by now.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

I've got a week off at the end of January which is an unbelievably shit time. Any suggestions on where I could go for a couple of days? Mrs and little one would be staying at home. Was thinking about Berlin maybe?

Prague would be a good shout.

Three nights in Perpignan in late June/early July when Leyth play Catalans away. Back at work for five days then 10 nights all inclusive in Ibiza with Jet2. Hoping to end up with enough spare cash for a week in the Canaries in October. Not sure if an overnighter for the Gillingham game counts.

Lanzarote in March.( not been for 22 years ) Met Stevo from Sky . Great guy.Can supp a few.

Benalmadena in June. (Not been for 5 months ) Met Phil Tufnel . Ok guy , but a flaming light weight.

Three nights in Perpignan in late June/early July when Leyth play Catalans away. Back at work for five days then 10 nights all inclusive in Ibiza with Jet2. Hoping to end up with enough spare cash for a week in the Canaries in October. Not sure if an overnighter for the Gillingham game counts.

Hope you are going Salford for the Guided Bus derby match.

Ibiza as a family holiday? Yay or nay? Leave the Mrs to go off raving for a night.

Totally yay.

Check the hotel Hawaii out. Stayed there twice including last summer. Spot on.

It's in San Antonio but on the opposite side of the bay to the daft bit. The daft bit itself is pretty confined to two streets. Mad that folk get put off such a brilliant island on the basis of less than 1 square mile of nobbishness.

All the major night clubs are dotted all around the island away from there anyway.

Berlin with mates for visit number 9 in February and some more lower league football, hotel robberies, delayed planes and train fines. Florence in April with missus for Fiorentina and other less exciting stuff. Back to St. Ives in Summer cos its great, then save up for a biggun this time next year.

Always fancied Iceland, report back MickyD!