Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

It’s beyond the point now with the Tories to worry about how right or left wing they are.

They’re just shit and out of control. That’s all there is to it. We know the reasons why.

As has been mentioned, Labour just need not to be Tories and they’re a shoe in as things stand.

Rishi Sunak said in his leadership debates he would do the opposite of what Truss has done. Which is to basically throw a grenade and hope it explodes £50 notes.

The party conference next week should just be held in a fucking Big Top and the cabinet made to ride a unicycle across the high wire.

That's going to be Comedy Gold 

watching that lot 

11 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Not defending either Boris or Truss but neither had the start they would have liked. 2 months after the election, COVID. 2 days after Truss met the queen, she died. I doubt any Prime Minister has had the start they have had.

Shit happens

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Not defending either Boris or Truss but neither had the start they would have liked. 2 months after the election, COVID. 2 days after Truss met the queen, she died. I doubt any Prime Minister has had the start they have had.

and?

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/news/2022/september/bank-of-england-announces-gilt-market-operation?sf170940617=1

BofE buying long dated government bonds to "whatever scale is necessary". 

So buying debt created out of thin air with money created out of thin air... 

Sound like QE to me. 

Meanwhile in unrelated news... UK Bullion dealers sold out of low denomination physical silver. 

24 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

See I see it a different way than that. Problems like these are inevitable if you're a Prime Minister. They should relish it as a chance to prove they're a real leader. That's why they took the job.

Glass half full man me! 😁

37 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

pull your big boy pants up and get on with the job you're paid to do.

• Site Supporter
Just now, mickbrown said:

Has the PM surfaced yet? Or the Chancellor?

Or are they she too grief stricken over the Queen (the one Truss said we should have got shut of when she was a LibDem and the one whose funeral Kwarteng went to smacked off his tits)?

They have gone awfully quiet haven't they?

Maybe they've borrowed Boris' fridge?

10 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Has the PM surfaced yet? Or the Chancellor?

Or are they she too grief stricken over the Queen (the one Truss said we should have got shut of when she was a LibDem and the one whose funeral Kwarteng went to smacked off his tits)?

She’s still here. Expect a visit to Kyiv soon👍

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, little whitt said:

like Boris said 

They getting on with the Job 

see what week Two Brings 

He wasn't though.

He did fuck all.

Truss is probably giving the last of our pension pots to Zelensky as we speak.

Andrew Griffiths, finance secretary on BBC claiming that volatility is in all developed markets nothing to do with the budget statement, all to do with Putin and it is impacting all major economies. He is number three in the treasury and has put his fingers in his ears and shouted la la la.