Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Reform of working practices is coming with Mick Lynch approval or not. 

It isn't up to Mick Lynch. He's simply representing members of the RMT.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter

Governments own report on the benefits of brexit includes the fact we can now put a crown on pint glasses . 
It also states uk Supreme Court now final arbiter of decisions made with decisions published  in English , not French and we’ve got blue passports. It’s more like a post on here in parts than a government report . 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1054643/benefits-of-brexit.pdf

40 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Lynch is on Question Time tonight.

Wonder which poor fuck of a backbencher is currently learning his lines/lies right now.

Rachel McClean - Under secretary for Transport

Apologies she's now looking after Safeguarding.

Edited by Not in Crawley

31 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He is representing his members and doing it very well. He is not against reforms but wants fair wages and conditions for the ordinary folk rather than fat bonuses for executives already being paid 500-600k per year. The government and network rail are being called out and he should be applauded.

3 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

He is representing his members and doing it very well. He is not against reforms but wants fair wages and conditions for the ordinary folk rather than fat bonuses for executives already being paid 500-600k per year. The government and network rail are being called out and he should be applauded.

Exactly this. He explains in that clip above, this isnt a fight for the rail companies. 

Always a lot Im alright Jack with stuff like this.

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Thank you for trying to answer my question, which for the sake of completeness I’ll repeat here:

What are these ancient working practices, that are now being exposed?

Maybe you’ll understand me, when I say that your reply hasn’t answered it.

21 hours ago, Ani said:

Challenging the credibility of the people making judgements, pointing they are 'them' and not like 'us' and implying it is all a bit corrupt. All based on nothing it is very Trumpesque. 

Same guy was moaning about how we were playing when we were 12 unbeaten with 10 wins last season. He has form. Wanted us to be more attacking but without affecting our defence. (Same guy I mean W63 not Donald, assuming they are different people.) 

Have to apologise and hold my hands up on the Council of Europe but you’ve stated twice now about remarks you say I made last year. I asked you to find the remark previously but you couldn’t so can you please also check you’re facts before making claims you can’t substantiate? Glad to be confused with the Donald 🤪

2 hours ago, Farrelli said:

I bet the ordinary folk who couldn't go to work and have lost a substantial part of their wages won't be applauding him

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

I bet the ordinary folk who couldn't go to work and have lost a substantial part of their wages won't be applauding him

Which would just go to show how reliant the public are on the rail network, and how the people who make it work deserve better terms and conditions than they are currently being offered. They're not striking for fun.

Do you not think it's odd how rail fares, Executive bonuses, and share holder payouts increase every year, but normal workers wages don't?

Edited by Cheese

• Moderators

Got into Manc in 32 mins today, that's with Salford Cress down to 1 lane at the Heights roundabout, looks like every fucker is just working from home. Only people affected are what they called essential workers last year. Now, zero fucks given by the unions.

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Which would just go to show how reliant the public are on the rail network, and how the people who make it work deserve better terms and conditions than they are currently being offered. They're not striking for fun.

Those that have lost wages won't be thinking how hard done by the rail staff are, they will be thinking how do we feed the family next month

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

Those that have lost wages won't be thinking how hard done by the rail staff are, they will be thinking how do we feed the family next month

If people are so reliant on the railways that their livelihood depends on it, surely they would agree that rail workers deserve decent pay and conditions?

Edited by Cheese

14 minutes ago, Cheese said:

If people are so reliant on the railways that their livelihood depends on it, surely they would agree that rail workers deserve decent pay and conditions?

I'd also add that rail infrastructure should be ran as a public service rather than a money making exercise. 

2 hours ago, Morizio said:

Thank you for trying to answer my question, which for the sake of completeness I’ll repeat here:

What are these ancient working practices, that are now being exposed?

Maybe you’ll understand me, when I say that your reply hasn’t answered it.

I do understand, just have a look on Google or listen to the railway management in the media I’m sure you’ll find it yourself.