Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sheff Weds 1-1 Wanderers

bwfc2003

There’s a part of me that doesn’t want us to be safe until the very end.

Just so each match is as intense

Loved the promotion last season. Always happy for promotions to go down to the wire. But relegations battles I always want us safe as soon as possible.

Just get over the line and worry about next season!

Loved the promotion last season. Always happy for promotions to go down to the wire. But relegations battles I always want us safe as soon as possible.

Just get over the line and worry about next season!

Same for me safety this season is majorly important to the clubs future and relegation tonleague 1 would be a disaster for the club. Edited by Mounts Kipper

Don’t get me wrong I want us to be safe.

But would love for us to clinch safety away at burton.

They’ll come a cropper having not issued vouchers this season. There’ll be queues outside the ticket office.

It’ll just be a little reminder of every other Monday morning 8.59 last season on hold to the ticket office trying to get a ticket on away ends no better than a Tesco trolley park like AFC Wimbledon

Looking at this thread re us taking 2k yesterday, I think it’s an outstanding achievement by the fans, fair play to every one of you who made the effort.

My first trip to Hillsborough was in 82/83, a night match attended by 250 Whites to be lucky.

And we were riding high then in the old 2nd division (albeit after only 2 games).....but 250 was a pretty piss poor effort even then.

Out of that 250 at tops, I can recall at least a dozen off here who were present and most on the bloody travel club coaches.

I think the Owls scored after about 1 minute and we lost 3-1.

We played in green if my memory serves me well.

Looking at this thread re us taking 2k yesterday, I think it’s an outstanding achievement by the fans, fair play to every one of you who made the effort.

My first trip to Hillsborough was in 82/83, a night match attended by 250 Whites to be lucky.

And we were riding high then in the old 2nd division (albeit after only 2 games).....but 250 was a pretty piss poor effort even then.

Out of that 250 at tops, I can recall at least a dozen off here who were present and most on the bloody travel club coaches.

I think the Owls scored after about 1 minute and we lost 3-1.

We played in green if my memory serves me well.

Was there.

Full of optimism after smashing KK & the geordies 3 days earlier.

Back to reality.

I was in Devon on holiday for that 3-1 at Sheff Weds, age of only 12 at the time. Remember the males of the family gathering around the radio for the 9:55 Radio 2 sports bulletin for the result. There'd been anticipation after the win over Keegan's Newcastle that Saturday.

• Members

I see clubs play games in hand Tuesday

Brum play hull Saturday if they win it’s game on as sadly I can’t see anything against villa

Funny thing is, I see the Villa game as exactly the type we do win. Another Bristol City at home type performance.

• Site Supporter

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/16080166.Wilbraham__Fans__39__stick_doesn__39_t_hurt___but_their_backing_at_Wednesday_was_class

Certainly no stick heard from where we were stood. Clueless and classless are words which spring to mind. I hope the booers got no joy whatsoever from his goal.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/16080166.Wilbraham__Fans__39__stick_doesn__39_t_hurt___but_their_backing_at_Wednesday_was_class

Certainly no stick heard from where we were stood. Clueless and classless are words which spring to mind. I hope the booers got no joy whatsoever from his goal.

Apart from what room he’s painting and what colour his admiral track jacket is, Marc Iles loves nothing more than asking a player about being booed and posting an article about it.

• Moderators

for me, this teams greatest attribute is spirit

i love watching us at the moment

it might not be pretty but you cant fault the effort and togetherness

i like being a part of that

the boo boys wont be experiencing that feeling

their loss

for me, this teams greatest attribute is spirit

i love watching us at the moment

it might not be pretty but you cant fault the effort and togetherness

i like being a part of that

the boo boys wont be experiencing that feeling

their loss

there is a good spirit in the team which is great to see and they seem determined to battle

Morning all , finally back down to earth.

Proper old school day out.

Having negotiated the rail replacement buzz service to Piccadilly and double egg on toast plus a brew & Crawshaw necking his first pint of the day.

We jumped aboard the 9.20 to Sheffield.

Sweden Al having his own itinery went AWOL.

The remaing 11 set up camp in The Bankers Draft. 1hr later we mooched down to The 3 Tuns. Cracking ale bar , worth a visit next season.

Spunik took over the juke box great atmosphere, till Bob Dylan track came on for an 11 minute durge.

Onwards to Kelham Island Pub and The Fat Cat.

Asburner St as is becoming the norm , seized the oppertunity for a selfie with Klaus Meine . ( google it ).

On to the match, really enjoyed every second it. Team and fans as one.

This passion will hopefully keep us up.

Handbags at Dawn as we came away.

If it ever really kicks off there will be mobile phones all over the shop.

" hang a pal , let me put my phone away before i punch you "

That super tram is beltin. We should have one right along Chorley New Road.

Back to Kelham Island where the locals were very quiet.

Headed to another pub in the town center.( not got a clue ).

Even the Bat was in a good mood.

Fantastic Day out, i even made the Bolton News gallery.

Giving Leeds a miss but so looking forward to Barnsley and Burton.

Hopefully the Wanderers will be safe by then.

Edited by embankment