Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sheff Weds 1-1 Wanderers

bwfc2003

Brum won't win more than 1 of their 4 'easy' games. As long as we get something against them, We'll be fine.

I reckon 43 is the magic number. 2 wins and a draw.

We'll also win at Burton and beat Forest if we need 6 late points

I predicted 4-6 away points before Norwich and we’re well on target on that side

Home games not to easy but there is 2 wins

Brum won't win more than 1 of their 4 'easy' games. As long as we get something against them, We'll be fine.

I reckon 43 is the magic number. 2 wins and a draw.

We'll also win at Burton and beat Forest if we need 6 late points

That’s about how I see it too

Reckon we’ll be fine, however the lack of ability to grind out a win from decent performances is a little disconcerting

It would have been a travesty to lose after playing so well......the defence was solid with 2 full backs who can defend, we dominated midfield, the only trouble was it was difficult to see where a goal was coming from. But what a beauty !!!

Hard to pick a MOM, Henry & Pratley won the physical battle, & Morais was very good when he came on.

Great point ( the only downer was the thickets booing Wilbraham on.....you'd hope they'd understand how numb they are now, but they probably won't !!! )

• Site Supporter

That’s about how I see it too

Reckon we’ll be fine, however the lack of ability to grind out a win from decent performances is a little disconcerting

Agree with that. Millwall at home is being tipped by a few as a "win" match. They're only six points off the play offs and flying.

Birmingham will come here and feel this is a game they can win.

Can't help feeling we will have to win away somewhere or at least keep drawing and maybe pull off a surprise at home; villa or wolves.

Some of the Sheffield "boys " were whoppers..........pre match there was a running punch up between some young Bolton yoof & some Sheffield yoof across from the Hillsboro Tap. It soon calmed down & the Bolton lads walked towards the ground when a load of 30/40+ year old ,stone island types charged out of the pub, flapped their arms about, shouted "come on " at the Bolton lads, but didn't cross the road. Laughable

They were no better after the match.......they were caught out with the speed that the police let us out & we were straight on top of them so they started pushing against the police in the middle of the road while Bolton fans were streaming up both sides. If they'd really wanted to have a pop they'd have waited 100 yards further up where there were no police.

Going back into the town centre ,there were lots & lots of police vans & cars screaming towards the ground so i'm guessing there was some trouble later on.

Some of the Sheffield "boys " were whoppers..........pre match there was a running punch up between some young Bolton yoof & some Sheffield yoof across from the Hillsboro Tap. It soon calmed down & the Bolton lads walked towards the ground when a load of 30/40+ year old ,stone island types charged out of the pub, flapped their arms about, shouted "come on " at the Bolton lads, but didn't cross the road. Laughable

They were no better after the match.......they were caught out with the speed that the police let us out & we were straight on top of them so they started pushing against the police in the middle of the road while Bolton fans were streaming up both sides. If they'd really wanted to have a pop they'd have waited 100 yards further up where there were no police.

Going back into the town centre ,there were lots & lots of police vans & cars screaming towards the ground so i'm guessing there was some trouble later on.

They could have easily slapped loads of Bolton if they so wished there’s loads of little side streets where they could easily double back and mingle with Bolton fans and I’m suprised they didn’t and that there wasn’t more trouble, not sure about what happened in town as I was driving. Seem to have trouble with both Sheffield clubs these days.

• Site Supporter

Thogdens vid well worth a watch

The goal reaction is fantastic and the lad catches it really well

My goal reaction was almost to replicate the antics of the guy who fell over into the lower tier a few years ago. I reckon that fence is about 6" too low. Fucking enjoyed that celebration though.

They could have easily slapped loads of Bolton if they so wished there’s loads of little side streets where they could easily double back and mingle with Bolton fans and I’m suprised they didn’t and that there wasn’t more trouble, not sure about what happened in town as I was driving. Seem to have trouble with both Sheffield clubs these days.

Exactly, that's why I thought they were going through the posturing but didn't really fancy it & stayed close to the police.

As for slapping Bolton, I think there were a few there who would have slapped them back :) including some of the yoof who look like they will stand their ground.

• Site Supporter

It was my 8 year olds first proper match yesterday.

2.47pm and he's googling Bolton Wanderers and declaring we need to support a different team as they lose every single week.

4.47pm and he's stood on his chair with his arms outstretched screaming "Oh wanky wanky, wanky wanky wanky wanky Wanderers" declaring this the best day ever after being launched around the Leppings Lane end by strangers.

That right there is why football is the best sport in the world - Fact.

He's asked this morning how far away Barnsley and Derby are.