Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Birmingham City Home

RUREADY2ROLL

I agree, not playing is great at the moment, seeing other teams drop points. Tonight there will be teams below us who have played 2 games more than us and will be in proper crisis mode.

Cant be 2 games more

QPR and Reading fans will already be in crisis mode; and so they should be

• Members

I've been waiting all through the off season for the season to start and there are folk now saying they don't want us to play FFS!

Looking forward to tonight's game and hopefully 3 more points. 

Don't give a toss about where we might be in the table Thursday morning - only where we are in the table during May 2019. Somewhere in the middle. Perfect.

Surely we can go top....?

Well yes, but we would need to score at least 6 goals.

The correct approach is that a win guarantees returning to the top 6 (with all teams having played 4), whereas a draw does not, as a draw between Villa and Brentford would keep both above us.

I predict a draw, 1-1.

We seem to be better suited and set-up to play on the counter and without the ball.

Much harder to do when at home and the other team are happy to sit off.

I agree......away, we can make ourselves hard to break down & wait to pinch the odd goal, but at home we might struggle to open up teams who do the same thing to us......especially if we go behind.

I'm hoping that , when fit, Oztumer & Ameobi will give us some more attacking options without weakening the team.

Think Oztumer is fit now isnt he?

granted, not for 90 minutes but id much rather start him (at home) and give him an hour to create something rather than chuck him on for the last 15 minutes if we're struggling to break teams down or chasing a goal to get back in the game

I think we’ll see a couple of changes today seeing as we’ve got 3 games in 7 days and there seems to be a few getting towards fitness / picked up a knock.

Same back 4 and obviously Magennis up top.

I reckon Wildschut and Oztumer will start, Ameobi possibly on the bench as Noone is playing well. I’m not sure who will sit out for Oztumer, maybe Murphy with Vela dropping in to the 2 with Lowe.

Edited by Eddie

I’m not sure who will sit out for Oztumer, maybe Murphy with Vela dropping in to the 2 with Lowe.

Yep, think thats the only way you can accommodate him really.

personally think we will get more out of Vela in that role too. He can get about the pitch just the same but would see more of the ball rather than chasing down a GK or FB with little reward 

Yep, think thats the only way you can accommodate him really.

personally think we will get more out of Vela in that role too. He can get about the pitch just the same but would see more of the ball rather than chasing down a GK or FB with little reward 

I'd like to see Oztumer start and think that would be the way to do it. Equally though I could understand why he wouldn't. If Birmingham sit back and we play more open we invite them to counter attack us just like we've done to other sides. A point tonight would in the grand scheme be a good result and we shouldn't throw games away being too open.

On the other hand I think its important to get Oztumer involved sooner rather than later, and tonight is a good chance, because we've had a good start and if it doesn't work and we lose then fair enough. Leaving him out till we lose a few puts pressure on a lad who has never played at this level before.

I guess the other issue is that Murphy is a decent player who isn't match fit having spent a summer with the Leeds U23s, and needs minutes. He's one we need up to speed so leaving him out tonight could hurt that. 

I'd like to see Oztumer start and think that would be the way to do it. Equally though I could understand why he wouldn't. If Birmingham sit back and we play more open we invite them to counter attack us just like we've done to other sides. A point tonight would in the grand scheme be a good result and we shouldn't throw games away being too open.

On the other hand I think its important to get Oztumer involved sooner rather than later, and tonight is a good chance, because we've had a good start and if it doesn't work and we lose then fair enough. Leaving him out till we lose a few puts pressure on a lad who has never played at this level before.

I guess the other issue is that Murphy is a decent player who isn't match fit having spent a summer with the Leeds U23s, and needs minutes. He's one we need up to speed so leaving him out tonight could hurt that. 

agree with that

i cant see them setting up any different to how they did at the end of last season to be honest, theyre decent on the break and could potentially cause our back 4 problems.

Im more concerned that going off last season when we created absolutely nothing (especially when they had a man sent off) it could end up being the same story. So we could do with a bit more guile and creativity to start with rather than chucking him on later in the game when they can just sit in and protect whatever they have and we start to go (even more) direct 

Edited by barrycowdrill