Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Our next manager

gonzo

I do wonder what drives some people (twitter, obviously) to think the Allardyce would fancy managing us again or even fucking "buying" us outright. These comments are sometimes made completely without irony too. People actually believe it's feasible. Said it before but it's as if the previous years of austerity and struggle have washed over some folk and they think we're still anywhere near the ballpark of attracting a big name.

Fuck it, submit.

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

I do wonder what drives some people (twitter, obviously) to think the Allardyce would fancy managing us again or even fucking "buying" us outright. These comments are sometimes made completely without irony too. People actually believe it's feasible. Said it before but it's as if the previous years of austerity and struggle have washed over some folk and they think we're still anywhere near the ballpark of attracting a big name.

Fuck it, submit.

I think what baffles me the most is in normally every day life at normal every day clubs, is talk like that, along with other such absurd bollocks, is normally left banished to a dark corner of the clubs on twitter hashtag and comments bit on the local news website where about 20 people read it. 

With us though there seems to be a direct link with all this crap and the owner,his lad and even some players. 

Its quite bizarre and needs to fuck off.

11 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I think what baffles me the most is in normally every day life at normal every day clubs, is talk like that, along with other such absurd bollocks, is normally left banished to a dark corner of the clubs on twitter hashtag and comments bit on the local news website where about 20 people read it. 

With us though there seems to be a direct link with all this crap and the owner,his lad and even some players. 

Its quite bizarre and needs to fuck off.

It does feel like our online... "existence", cant think of a better word, is different to most other league clubs with this direct link, feels like Billericay Town more than Bolton at times.

Very much self-inflicted though from the Andersons. For me it's fairly obvious Ken told Lee to get involved on social media from the start; win the hearts and minds battle, retweet every piece of fluff that the #bwfc community sends his way, wear a load of kit, make it look like you're interested in the club's history etc.

And for a while this was all hunky-dory. Bit of agg from one or two here and there but mainly retweeting Big Tony's holiday snaps of a Wanderers towel on a sunlounger. But now it's going a bit sour, we're past the point of them being able to reel it in on social media I think.

Ken's a lurker on there too, he's let that slip a couple of times on his updates.

Edited by Marc505

On 13/11/2018 at 18:29, radcliffewhite1 said:

What I’m struggling with Parkinson is that he has proved he can get results from these shit players and also get them pumped up

now if you look at the players in and out he has strengthened and and I for one was pleased and excited by some of the additions close season 

I think a change could get better out of this squad but let’s see 

I think generally the squad is better despite the huge loss of ALF and Robinson, but it feels like an irrelevance. Think about Man U or Spurs signing better players. Are they going to challenge Man City or even Chelsea or Liverpool? No. They are miles behind and that's where they will stay. We are 2nd best in 95% of Championship games so if we improve we are still 2nd best in 85% of games and even those when we are the better team (Hull) a defeat is likely if you have let your goalscorer leave. To see the benefit of this improved squad we need to be playing in Div 1.

• The topic was unpinned
On 12/11/2018 at 21:52, Johnnyrotten said:

Nathan Jones at Luton. Great record last 3 years, plays the football I want to be associated with. Was assistant at Brighton pre-Hughton.

Since I posted that Luton have scored another 8 goals in 2 games. There can't be a team other than City with more points and goals in the last 2 seasons, and to my knowledge they haven't spent money. Even if we were in div 2 with our current squad PP wouldn't set us up to win games by more than 2 goals. Just get him in before he's in a higher division than us next season.

• Site Supporter
On 24/11/2018 at 21:41, Johnnyrotten said:

Since I posted that Luton have scored another 8 goals in 2 games. There can't be a team other than City with more points and goals in the last 2 seasons, and to my knowledge they haven't spent money. Even if we were in div 2 with our current squad PP wouldn't set us up to win games by more than 2 goals. Just get him in before he's in a higher division than us next season.

And more last night.

Couldn't afford him though, surely.

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Couldn't cost more than Doidge and I know which 1 is the more important signing. 

We'd have to pay PP up too. Could be difficult. That said it might be more difficult to get someone in next season if we're in league one having a player fire sale.