Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Owners

TrickyTrotter

Report on The Athletic that the rest of League One will take the EFL to court if we don’t get more points deducted. They are also looking at claims that we fielded illegally registered players for the Wycombe game. Report goes on to say that L1 clubs also concerned about the finance of the new owners because we still owe the administrators one million quid. 

On the last point, I don’t think the admins get paid until the old company gets liquidated so not worrying about that.

40 minutes ago, LeggyMountbatten said:

Report on The Athletic that the rest of League One will take the EFL to court if we don’t get more points deducted. They are also looking at claims that we fielded illegally registered players for the Wycombe game. Report goes on to say that L1 clubs also concerned about the finance of the new owners because we still owe the administrators one million quid. 

On the last point, I don’t think the admins get paid until the old company gets liquidated so not worrying about that.

Mardarses. It’s pathetic. They should of just relegated us 2 divisions as I think that’s the only way these wet arses would of been happy

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Traf said:

They'd still not be happy.

This. Which bit of 'independent panel' don't these clubs (and the efl for that matter) understand.

Did these clubs express concern when the CUNT took over?

Did they fuck, in fact they probably laughed and rubbed their hands together with glee.

Getting more than a little pissed off with it all now. Hope we smash them all in subsequent games. 

16 hours ago, LeggyMountbatten said:

The rest of Div 1 clubs just want one less relegation place to worry about.

There was an independent panel who made the decision on our punishment, the rest of Div 1 don't like it and want more points deducted, then try to trump up some more charges to strengthen their claim..

Smacks of a Kangaroo court to me and it will set a dangerous precedent if the other Div 1 clubs get their wish..

28 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

The rest of Div 1 clubs just want one less relegation place to worry about.

There was an independent panel who made the decision on our punishment, the rest of Div 1 don't like it and want more points deducted, then try to trump up some more charges to strengthen their claim..

Smacks of a Kangaroo court to me and it will set a dangerous precedent if the other Div 1 clubs get their wish..

Keiran Maguire highlighted on twitter this week that the EFL's chief legal representative is a Bolton Wanderers supporter, with the suggestion that that offers an explanation as to why we haven't (so far) been punished as severely. Now, I can understand the argument that he might've have had a conflict of interest, but I don't think he realised that said legal representative would also be part of the legal team which launched an appeal against the independent disciplinary panel's supposed "lenient" punishment.

All the clubs want to play us so they can make us much money as possible from our away  following but they also want us weakened to the extent they get  3 points . Transfer embargo’s points deductions and anything else they can dream up . Can’t wait for a few of them to get in similar trouble it’s coming 

we've only missed one game this season. cant see the fuss , loads of time to rearrange it, they said as much. The second game is in February, be funny if we win that, they'll want more points taking away.

Talking about digging up old ground, How many points did doncaster get penalized in '98 ? , coz i reckon none. 

if we can get enough delayed points penalties on everyone else, i reckon we'll get promoted.. 

16 minutes ago, e2e4 said:

we've only missed one game this season. cant see the fuss , loads of time to rearrange it, they said as much. The second game is in February, be funny if we win that, they'll want more points taking away.

Talking about digging up old ground, How many points did doncaster get penalized in '98 ? , coz i reckon none. 

if we can get enough delayed points penalties on everyone else, i reckon we'll get promoted.

There was nothing to penalize them for, and in any case they finished 15 points adrift of Brighton.

1 hour ago, MalcolmW said:

There was nothing to penalize them for, and in any case they finished 15 points adrift of Brighton.

i thought they went into adminstration when him burning down the ground didnt work , but they didnt, so cannot remember what happened later. but im pretty sure their owner being a knob  didnt result in any points penalty for the football team.. funny how that worked out.

id let sleeping dogs lie, but folk dont want it, so make up some excuse about a fire on the team bus about 10 minutes before kickoff. then dig up some bullshit from 25 years ago. 

do it to enough moaning bastards and maybe theyll stop. if not , we might be able to get enough 12 point penalties on the other teams for past faults - applied this season like they want with us - that we might stay up. 

if they want to play silly buggers , then do it proper. 

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, enzo gambaro said:

I’m not suggesting for a second the new owners aren’t genuine, but Anderson got away with ‘just telling us what’s happening’ with ‘no bullshitting’ for a good while.

Yeah though in hindsight it was probably all lies and bullshitting