Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Embargo reduces what we can pay this year  as we are a league lower. Pretty sure thats the case. I heard £1500 a week 

ahead of a lot at the bottom but we won’t be able to compete financially with a few including I believe barrow remarkably 

12 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Embargo reduces what we can pay this year  as we are a league lower. Pretty sure thats the case. I heard £1500 a week 

ahead of a lot at the bottom but we won’t be able to compete financially with a few including I believe barrow remarkably 

How do Salford get away with what they're paying?  The lad they signed from Scotland last year was supposed to be on 6k a week

2 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

How do Salford get away with what they're paying?  The lad they signed from Scotland last year was supposed to be on 6k a week

Only supposed to kick in this year. Them rats have been bankrolling them so far with Peter Lim (Valencia owner)

2 minutes ago, tomski said:

Only supposed to kick in this year. Them rats have been bankrolling them so far with Peter Lim (Valencia owner)

Ah ok. So will they have to reduce their wage bill quickly or sell out every home game now?  They're surely heading for a breach of FFP?

47 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

No idea pal but their day will Come hopefully. 

Yeah Adam Rooney was a fortune. As I’ve posted before on a different thread there are quite. A few (several I was told) 100k plus. A year players in the national league now. What clubs I don’t know. Highest paid player 160k or summat off top of my head. That’s 3k a week. For the conference.  

3 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Failed in his last 3 jobs, if he failed with us it would just be another failure, it wouldnt be a surprise.  If we're talking experienced managers available, I'm at a loss when Adkins isnt top of everyone's list.  I'd be happy with going down the Lowe/Evatt route, but there's  only one experienced manager, of realistic targets, that stands out.

He was only there  4 month, and at Bradford and Blackpool  for a few month. Think Allardyce was only at Newcastle for a few month. Sometimes it’s a case of wrong place at the wrong time...for me Lowe looks a great prospect, but very unlikely we get him . Thought of Grayson cos he’s got the best record of all that have been mentioned, .

53 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Ah ok. So will they have to reduce their wage bill quickly or sell out every home game now?  They're surely heading for a breach of FFP?

No idea how that goes from that to implemented so fast. I know contracts are a lot less in length further down we go but not sure how that would affect them.

43 minutes ago, lofthouse said:

He was only there  4 month, and at Bradford and Blackpool  for a few month. Think Allardyce was only at Newcastle for a few month. Sometimes it’s a case of wrong place at the wrong time...for me Lowe looks a great prospect, but very unlikely we get him . Thought of Grayson cos he’s got the best record of all that have been mentioned, .

He's a dour, Yorkshire cunt. It's a big no from me.

33 minutes ago, Popeye doyle said:

My best mates grandson plays in the National league and earns 2k per week, he's told me.

Can believe it. I knew a lad who was a regular at an L1 club to join a part time conference team on £950 a week and that’ll of been over 10 year ago

41 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I get were your coming from fella, he just lacks a bit of charisma and i doubt he will pull the crowds in or keep the crowds we already have, we need an up and coming manager, new ideas, plays decent football and can get the fans buzzing. 

Sounds a lot, but if we go down the Parkinson route with Grayson, we aint moving on, we need to show a little bit more ambition, we are still an attractive club, cracking ground, although flaking at the edges, decent fanbase, our attendances have been good considering the shit we've been through and a big fish in this division.

Someone new and up and coming is the way forward, for me anyway.

I agree with most of that and hope we can get a good young manager in that will galvanise the fans ..cos it’s the fans sticking with us that will be the difference . Just came up with greyson ,cos of a mate of mine from longridge.big Preston fan, he say they were in the shit before he came ...similar to us ,and said he’s the best thing that’s happened to them for years, got them promotion and left them in great shape for the next manager.

Curtis wood house saying a while back lads at Gainsborough on 4/500 a week. And as I think it was @Leyther_Matt was pointing out you’ve the likes of South Shields in there paying significantly more than that and that’s what step? 

im hoping covid will cool things down somewhat 

• Members
9 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

Be a lot more now surely 

NMW is over £300 a week cleaning toilets in Weatherspoons 

Yeah but it takes them half a week to find them and get to the toilets In Wetherspoons 

10 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Curtis wood house saying a while back lads at Gainsborough on 4/500 a week. And as I think it was @Leyther_Matt was pointing out you’ve the likes of South Shields in there paying significantly more than that and that’s what step? 

im hoping covid will cool things down somewhat 

In every division there’s always up to probably three clubs who throw good money at players in the hope of getting one of the promotion spots.

South Shields do very well in terms of generating income with gates that wouldn’t look out of place in League Two so aren’t necessarily in the same vein as Salford, Fylde, Boreham Wood and Harrogate who have spent fortunes in the hope it will increase their attendances. The majority of clubs in the Conference are running at a loss in the desperate hope of getting in to the Football League. No wonder Chorley wanted out of it. For what it’s worth, Barrow aren’t especially one of those clubs which reflects pretty well on Evatt. 

10 hours ago, lofthouse said:

I agree with most of that and hope we can get a good young manager in that will galvanise the fans ..cos it’s the fans sticking with us that will be the difference . Just came up with greyson ,cos of a mate of mine from longridge.big Preston fan, he say they were in the shit before he came ...similar to us ,and said he’s the best thing that’s happened to them for years, got them promotion and left them in great shape for the next manager.

Have you seen that Sunderland ‘til I Die series?

If you had you’d not want Grayson anywhere near. 

Was watching The Last Dance same time I saw a couple of episodes of Sunderland Till I Die. The difference in interview quality was stark. I could listen to Jordan and the most of the players all day. 

STID was just the same tired old cliches and boring rhetoric and Grayson was top at it.