Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Things that frightened you as a kid

bolton_blondie

• Site Supporter

The constant threat of nuclear war.

I assumed Manchester would be hit and we’d all have radiation disease and spend our last weeks on earth eating each other and growing green hair out of our eyeballs.

The 80’s were weird

1 minute ago, Spider said:

The constant threat of nuclear war.

I assumed Manchester would be hit and we’d all have radiation disease and spend our last weeks on earth eating each other and growing green hair out of our eyeballs.

The 80’s were weird

Dad had the comforting lecture of you dont need to worry about radiation,  Plymouth will be completely evaporated in first 5 minutes of a nuclear war.

14 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

The Omen films and more specifically, Damien. That operatic music scared the bejeesus out of me.

4 minutes ago, emus wig said:

70s horror film called don’t look now  scared the living shite out of me when I was a kid . Also there was a tv series called thriller   that was really creepy .

Yes to both, and I was allowed to watch them at home, on the big telly, with my dad when I was about 10. Absolutely shit my pants going up to bed afterwards.

• Site Supporter

As well as the cyber men and constant fear of nuclear war , as a very young lad I had a very strange fear of the shop sign on a shop in Newport St , Shades I think it was called it was uncovered recently during the renovation which brought it back to me
when I was a kid I wouldn’t walk past that without turning away from it and screaming. 

God knows why, it was a pic of a face with sunglasses and long hair spread out over the width of the sign , it was just weird to me