Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

retro drinks

victor meldrew

5 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Vodka was done ages ago, gin has been done to death over the last few years and now it's dark rum's turn.

Must admit, I am a fan of a dark rum (not flavoured) and coke.

What's next?  Whiskey?  Fucking vile stuff, it needs something to make it taste a bit nicer.

Used to be whisky and dry. So ginger beer as the mixer. 

Slalom Lager, Helden Bräu Lager, Hemeling Lager, Baltic Lager - I drank 10x500ml cans of this on my 16th, aptly on a extremely baltic evening, I pissed the nile and amazon combined but wasn't even merry, Royal Dutch and Stein - both palatable catpiss sub-50p lagers...

Long Life Lager and the deadly duo - Colt45 and Breaker a four pack of each shotgunning the first of each = a great start to a night.

When Aldi first opened they did 10 packs of those small bottles of german beer, Überland it was called, they were only about £1.99 a pack - quite strong too.

Only problem was the only Aldi around at the time was in Farnworth.

And it shut at 6pm then.

15 hours ago, DazBob said:

Vodka was done ages ago, gin has been done to death over the last few years and now it's dark rum's turn.

Must admit, I am a fan of a dark rum (not flavoured) and coke.

What's next?  Whiskey?  Fucking vile stuff, it needs something to make it taste a bit nicer.

Dark rum is my go-to spirit of choice.

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Talking retro, Thwaites have been running a poll on their drinks - a knock-out if you will, and the final drinks are their IPA versus Dark Mild. Is Dark Mild anything like popular these days? I haven't had it for years.

Still sell the dark mild in my local, it’s quite a nice pint, just need 20 of them to get tipsy