Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Israel

wanderer1984

29 minutes ago, Spider said:

I'm still #TeamYiddo

But

A lot of the sympathy they garner across the world is because of the holocaust. And rightly so.

They're well in credit in that sense.

But they need to be careful not to end up basically doing the same thing to Palestinians as the Nazis did to them.

They could easily lose a lot of support.

Indeed 

I went to see a show called The White Factory on staurday about the Jewish ghetto's in WW2 and what people did to survive when they were put into a situation of being forced to live in one place, ruled over by an occupying force who cut off basic supplies and left many to die through treatable illnesses and also the difficult decisions of those who worked alongide this occupying force for survival in the form of Ghetto police.

This idea that there is one side to be on or the other in this discussion, is , as it always has been, futile. It degrades everyone - from both sides and resolves nothing, again, as it always has done.

So fight a particular corner, feel like you are backing the right team, cut off opposing opinions with quotes and charts and numbers and there won't be an endgame just another 100 years of generational trauma and bloodshed and perhaps we should start the discussion with how can we help and what needs to be done, rather than who is right and who is wrong; because that is the wrong question and will only give us the wrong solution.

• Site Supporter
56 minutes ago, Spider said:

I'm still #TeamYiddo

But

A lot of the sympathy they garner across the world is because of the holocaust. And rightly so.

They're well in credit in that sense.

But they need to be careful not to end up basically doing the same thing to Palestinians as the Nazis did to them.

They could easily lose a lot of support.

We're all aware of the wrongdoing by settlers. Not seen one post where anyone justifies it.

I'm quite sure that in recent times, many a politician etc will have conveyed such sentiments to Israel, especially in pursuit of an overall peace deal.

Unfortunately, until the state and its people are accepted by everyone, then any pressure applied by Western allies will only go so far.

They have to have batteries of anti missile systems permanently on the go to protect themselves- its hardly the starting point for a long lasting agreement.

I get what you mean about support, but I don't reckon that many more will join the protests for example, and I reckon more people are becoming less sympathetic to the Palestinian cause, especially with their actions the world over.

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I went to see a show called The White Factory on staurday about the Jewish ghetto's in WW2 and what people did to survive when they were put into a situation of being forced to live in one place, ruled over by an occupying force who cut off basic supplies and left many to die through treatable illnesses and also the difficult decisions of those who worked alongide this occupying force for survival in the form of Ghetto police.

This idea that there is one side to be on or the other in this discussion, is , as it always has been, futile. It degrades everyone - from both sides and resolves nothing, again, as it always has done.

So fight a particular corner, feel like you are backing the right team, cut off opposing opinions with quotes and charts and numbers and there won't be an endgame just another 100 years of generational trauma and bloodshed and perhaps we should start the discussion with how can we help and what needs to be done, rather than who is right and who is wrong; because that is the wrong question and will only give us the wrong solution.

This is the reason it’s hard to get too worked up about it all

Me, you and a million others can’t make anything change here.

They fucking hate each other. I know some get on, and that’s nice, and they need to be the ones driving this forward, but the simple truth is that they fucking hate each others religion, ideas, values and noses.

It’s like asking scotch football fans to stop singing sectarian songs. Never gonna happen.

28 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Quite.

I think it’s useful to remember how this bout started, that Israel is forging bonds with Arab states, which triggered Hamas/Iran into action.

9 hours ago, Cheese said:

Some people need to look up the definition of 'Armistice'.

Aye

You can’t really plead for a march for peace and ceasefire not to go ahead.

They will just have to do their job and facilitate the protest. Work with the organisers to target breakout groups & reduce violence. Come down hard on those causing trouble.

There will be people stirring it up, but no more than those doing it at the football week in week out. 

Social media will be rife with the worst of it by Saturday eve & everyone will assume they’re all extremists. Rinse & repeat.

• Site Supporter

I have never heard of armistice weekend before?

Anyway, the organiser said their march will commence well after 11am so as not to coincide with the 2 minutes silence and the route is nowhere near the central areas around Whitehall which are obviously being prepped for Remembrance Sunday.

23 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Aye

They will just have to do their job and facilitate the protest. Work with the organisers to target breakout groups & reduce violence. Come down hard on those causing trouble.

There will be people stirring it up, but no more than those doing it at the football week in week out. 

Social media will be rife with the worst of it by Saturday eve & everyone will assume they’re all extremists. Rinse & repeat.

Why dont they just pick another day?

35 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Aye

Whatabout whatabout whatabout, 😂😂

why do you keep comparing football fans to those supposedly marching for peace? 

Edited by royal white

14 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Why dont they just pick another day?

It’s all about provocation and a show of islamic power, same as the 100s/1000s praying on our streets, recent flight to Spain loads of them on the flight off to Gaza I presume, scaring folk by praying to Mecca on the planes floor mumbling and chanting. Seriously needs clamping down on islam. 

18 minutes ago, royal white said:

Whatabout whatabout whatabout, 😂😂

why do you keep comparing football fans to those supposedly marching for peace? 

Must admit its baffled me.

Its beyond me how anyone can view their call to arms and march on Armistice weekend as anything other than trouble causing.