Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Energy Prices

fatty

4 hours ago, only1swanny said:

Using about 3 quid a day.. last weeks energy use was 23 quid. 

Despite this our direct debit has been increased to £220 a month. 

This is what I received by email before the current Putin bun fight:

Your energy bill will be £578 more per year (equivalent to £11 per week) for gas and £495 more per year (equivalent to £10 per week) for electricity

• Site Supporter
39 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Flushing the gunk from the system helps a lot, you'll be amazed how much shite there can be in old radiators. I'd recommend new radiators from Screwfix and flushing the pipework alongside some good quality TRVs.

Good advice 👍

rads aren’t all that expensive and make a massive difference in terms of efficiency and aesthetics.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Spider said:

Have petrol prices dropped by 17%?

It never comes down as quickly as it went up, but it will do once the cheaper oil.is processed.

No doubt some forecourts have profiteered though as I'm sure some of them were wanging prices up quicker than they were having deliveries.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

At work we get 56p per mile with a cap of 3,500 miles (per year) then it drops to 20p per mile. It's bullshit. Dreading going back to work soon. Gonna have get a pushbike and go back to old school district nursing. 

Government is going to have to raise the mileage rate before taxation. Companies are getting a very good deal off car owners at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

At work we get 56p per mile with a cap of 3,500 miles (per year) then it drops to 20p per mile. It's bullshit. Dreading going back to work soon. Gonna have get a pushbike and go back to old school district nursing. 

Are you not entitled to claim owt back from HMRC too? I think the going rate is 0.45 for the first 10,000 miles and then 0.25 after that 

6 minutes ago, Gonk said:

Did I mention I am on a 2 year fixed rate that still has just over 12 months to go?:jump:

How ‘fixed’ is fixed? I’m on ‘Fix Total Service’ with EDF until the end of September 2024 but I’m sure that I’m not that lucky and there must be a catch somewhere?!

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Spider said:

I thought they were raising the cap though which moved the fixed rates up?

The cap is the top rate per unit they can charge.

Shouldn't affect fixed rates- when we take a fixed on, usually we pay a bit more initially and that's the gamble.

Can't then wang the cost up later.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The cap is the top rate per unit they can charge.

Shouldn't affect fixed rates- when we take a fixed on, usually we pay a bit more initially and that's the gamble.

Can't then wang the cost up later.

Racketeering twat here is charging £2.01 a litre for diesel. Fucking  go to nearest Tesco and it will be £28 cheaper to fill your tank. On reflection, that Bertolt Brecht knew some shit.........

11 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Every fucker around here is burning shite, polluting the air. Middle class wood burning pricks.

Those stoves. Look crap as well. 

It'll be a joke next time Peter Kay tours, "those wood burning stoves! What were they all about? Eh? Trying to look like a 19th Century manor house on an estate in Ludlow. Eh?"