Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Injuries

Ani

• Moderators
1 hour ago, desperado said:

I think Ogbete is currently our best LWB, so no groans from me for others being omitted in that position

I've no issue with any of them, they're all decent enough to play that role

I just have no idea who our #1 first choice when all fit LWB is

10 hours ago, Zico said:

aye, said it before, it's a funny one LWB compared to RWB

Bradley and Cogley were #1 and played pretty much every game regardless

LWB gets chopped and changed a lot, IE has cited tactical decisions play a part but over the last 2 seasons we've had John, Iredale, Beck, Dapo, Williams, Ashworth and Ogbeta all play there, possibly others

Sadlier played there underwhelmingly at Lincoln, Dec 2022.  Mbete played some games at LWB if I'm not mistaken.  

In IEs first season I'm fairly sure just in the first half of the season we had at LWB Delaney, Mascoll, Jones, Gordon, Greenidge (not the cricketer, unfortunately).  From January, John took over, with a few appearances (and effectively a promotion winning goal) from Jackson.

7 LWBs per season seems to be about par for the course.  Other than Iredale and maybe Ashworth (and Jones if he's counted) I wouldn't like to rely on any of them to actually defend! 

• Site Supporter

Purely through guess work based on what’s happened (not happened) with Northern Ireland, last week I tried to offer some explanation as to Charles injury status.

Still got an element of mystery about it for me.

I’m hoping the answer is straightforward. He came close to being fit a couple of weeks ago, little set-back, he’s back on the fitness trail, he didn’t get pulled from the NI squad (like others who were labelled injured) which suggests he’s close, he doesn’t get sent back to us (again like one or two others from the squad that did) which suggests he’s staying to train with them and be on the bench and be eased back in as Evatt suggested.

But no sign of him yesterday. Looked at a couple of training sessions on YouTube from NI training at the Etihad,  I couldn’t see him there. Maybe he’ll be on the bench against Scotland on Tuesday. Hope so, cause another omission makes you question what the  situation is and why he went with them. 

From a Bolton perspective I think they are being purposefully quiet both on him and Baxter as they know how crucial they could be in this run-in and until they know anything concrete they don’t want to speculate. 

I suspect we’ll know more early this week. Seeing Charles on the bench for the Scotland game and seeing Baxter out training Monday would be another massive shot in the arm.

The Dion situation is certainly a puzzle and it’s probably good that he’s gone with the N Ireland squad to keep him in game mode, even if he doesn’t play and hopefully is all the time getting fitter and overcoming his injury. It would be great to see him on the bench for the Scotland game and even better if he was fit enough to come on for a cameo at the end to help, prepare him for Stevenage where the win is a must if were to have any serious hope of overtaking Derby.

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Folk reporting Evatts had a big bust up with Baxter.

When I say Folk, I means cranks on twitter.

Well, if it's true he needs to fckg unfall-out with him. Jeez, he's the manager, he has to stop being a prima-donna and get on with things irrespective. He's found some very good players, but he's fallen out with a fair number too.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, gonzo said:

Folk reporting Evatts had a big bust up with Baxter.

When I say Folk, I means cranks on twitter.

As in he hasnt fucked his hand?

• Site Supporter

Dion training with NI (which he wasn’t doing pre the Romania game)

As I said in my earlier post this might be a straightforward explanation of his injury recovery and he’s on the bench tomorrow - perfect scenario.

But that might not fit the anti-Evatt, conspiracy wanker theory that Dion and Baxter have fallen out with the Stubborn Awkward fucker.

#Evatt out  

Doesn't sound that random or out there to me, imagine it's fairly common. 

Bolton staff say he's good to crack on medically, but Baxter still doesn't feel right, Evatt feels like that's a cop out or is soft, they fall out over it. 

I wouldn't be surprised by that given Baxter's injury history or given Evatt's personality.