Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season tickets 22/23

radcliffe white

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I know, Neil could offer the kids/yoof, a free grandad shirt, a pair of black pumps and a packet of skips (because they are light) to all who purchase a season ticket.

They create atmosphere and without them we won't have a future, lets look after them.

Shrewsbury away 22/01/2022 > Last minute winner, flare from the yoof, limbs everywhere., i am hoping Morecombe is the same.

I agree, they create atmosphere, and long may that be the case. But pyrotechnics are prohibited unfortunately, and chucking shit at opposition fans is beyond reproach. Stop those 2 simple things, and there's no issue. If you're excited by smoke bombs, invite some kids round to set them off in your garden.

Edited by Cheese

• Moderators

the atmosphere on tuesday, bearing in mind league position, tuesday night, no awayers and the oppo was as good as anything ive experienced at home i think

maybe bristol city in 79 or 80 whenever bettered it

but it was a pleasure to be part of

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Stop setting off flares and chucking shit, and the issue goes away. The grown ups in that section need to start laying down the law really, or the kids are going to fuck it up for all of them. The club don't have much choice if the EFL and Police are piling on the pressure with threats of fines etc.

Agree for the most part. My concern would be an adult trying such would end up on the wrong end of a few pepped up scrotes, or would end up banned for trying.

It's a shame that they can't see what their actions might achieve- as cassy says, just stop chucking stuff and letting flares off and all is well.

Those actions don't contribute to the atmosphere anyway.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I think we can all agree that throwing things at opposition fans is just stupid.

Personally i love a good flare/smoke bomb, i suggest you pop to Barton Grange Garden Centre on Saturday afternoon, it might be more your scene 😀

Give over.

They're illegal whether you like them or not.

Folk could approach their mp and launch a campaign to have them permitted, but until they are, continued use is only going to make matters worse for everyone. 

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I think we can all agree that throwing things at opposition fans is just stupid.

Personally i love a good flare/smoke bomb, i suggest you pop to Barton Grange Garden Centre on Saturday afternoon, it might be more your scene 😀

You won't be complaining when ESL South corner get's shut down then. It'll be worth it so you can watch a cloud of smoke now and then. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Theres not been any trouble in IL2 for about 15 years. Its full of blokes who spend most of the game at the bar. Thats been my point.

The trouble is a block of 20 seats max. Bringing IL2 into it is fuckin ridiculous.

The top tier is closer to the aggro than my seat.

The block thing is a bit misleading really as it covers from that one actual block of seats which in that particular area of the ground covers a wide range of people as you say. Bit of a weird quirk that goes way back to when the stadium seating map was first developed (and that nobody notices apart from sad bastards like me who have to build such maps).

The bits of trouble I've seen in the ground this year came with the 2 largest away followings. Sunderland and the pie eating wankers.  Would seem daft closing off any part of East lower when around 3/4 of our opponents will be bringing less than a thousand.

Reduce the number of away tickets, problem solved.

42 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Are there going to be people stopping you going into the block without a specific ticket for it?

Stewarding in IL2 is very hands off. Bloke stood on his seat all thro the Sunderland game, right by the entrance tunnel & Wasn't pulled up at all. I've had to move youngsters on from my seat a few times this season, not as much recently though.

20 minutes ago, peebles said:

Stewarding in IL2 is very hands off. Bloke stood on his seat all thro the Sunderland game, right by the entrance tunnel & Wasn't pulled up at all. I've had to move youngsters on from my seat a few times this season, not as much recently though.

The stewards are a joke, Slap happy on the track but cant be arsed in the seats. 

they where shit when Rod Cross was in charge, the new guy isn't much better... 

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Which part of they are banned are you struggling with

This threat to close the IL1 & IL2 sections is a fcuking disgrace from BWFC - why not stop being so greedy and giving away fans such as S/land a 5k allocation, sell 500 or 1000 so less & put a decent section of empty seats between the ESL and the away fans & also perhaps improve the standard of stewarding. This only ever happens when they give away fans the whole end.

If they shut IL1 & IL2 they may as well close the stadium as there will be no atmosphere at all (by the way I don't even sit in the ESL). The players must have loved the atmosphere & noise IL1 & IL2 created in the past few games - get a grip BWFC. 

3 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

The bits of trouble I've seen in the ground this year came with the 2 largest away followings. Sunderland and the pie eating wankers.  Would seem daft closing off any part of East lower when around 3/4 of our opponents will be bringing less than a thousand.

Reduce the number of away tickets, problem solved.

This 100%

• Site Supporter

It does seem rather strange when the club,  by inviting away fans to use the whole away end are also inviting trouble inside the ground. As we've had two of the three expected full houses it'll be interesting to see how it plans out against Sheffield Wednesday.

Bet they get 5000+ tickets because the club will put profit before safety. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Black Sheep said:

This threat to close the IL1 & IL2 sections is a fcuking disgrace from BWFC - why not stop being so greedy and giving away fans such as S/land a 5k allocation, sell 500 or 1000 so less & put a decent section of empty seats between the ESL and the away fans & also perhaps improve the standard of stewarding. This only ever happens when they give away fans the whole end.

If they shut IL1 & IL2 they may as well close the stadium as there will be no atmosphere at all (by the way I don't even sit in the ESL). The players must have loved the atmosphere & noise IL1 & IL2 created in the past few games - get a grip BWFC. 

Stop setting smoke bombs off and lobbing shit about then. Easy.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Black Sheep said:

Do you think it's entirely a bwfc thing, or possibly something to do with the police and licensing authority?

As for reducing nunber of away fans- we'll there are still plenty of seats available in the home section, so why not allow the opposition plenty; it's more money in our coffers.

Quite simple: stop chucking shit, or has long covid left thousands with twitchy arms?