Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Brand Evatt

desperado

10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

We've beaten two.

We've only lost one, which is an improvement on other seasons.

Looking at the table when we played various teams, Oxford were top 6 and we drew there.

Iirc Port Vale may have up there at the time, and we gained a valuable point with 10 men.

That was last season; we beat Vale 1-0

You could say that with less than a quarter of the season to go, we're second with ample opportunity to improve our record vs the top however many you want to pick to suit the narrative.

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Yeah I didn't celebrate when Wilbraham scored because it was a shit season anyway and it was only other results had us staying up.

Parky Out.

Hardly a cause for celebration, was it? Just achieving the bare minimum of staying up.

People who don't see grounds for celebration should go and watch some other joyless sport like Rugby Union.

1 hour ago, desperado said:

If you’re talking about the celebration of the 2nd goal then I really don’t get this point of view. In “that moment” you don’t stop to analyse the bigger picture and the intellectual implications. 

Nah obviously I wasn't talking about in the moment, if you don't celebrate in the moment then there's summat wrong with you.

I was just being a miserable cunt after the event.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Nah obviously I wasn't talking about in the moment, if you don't celebrate in the moment then there's summat wrong with you.

Over-analysis maybe?

Don’t look at permutations of results and what-ifs because they ultimately point back to strange results like bottom-of-table Carlisle beating us at home. 

• Site Supporter
40 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Fair enough 🤣👍

1 hour ago, L/H White said:

we played them at the start of the season, but I see what you're trying to do

so we'll revisit in april 

More correcting TM to be fair as he was thinking of the game at Vale back in 22/23.

If we get enough points to get over the the line I don't care what our record is against teams in the top 6.

FWIW I think we'll pick up a couple of wins from Derby, Stevenage, Portsmouth & Peterborough.

Edited by BeeversLeftPeg

19 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

We now have only three fit strikers, including both Bod and Jerome, and our form over the last few weeks and months has been poor

I wonder if it might now be a good time to think about changing the formation

I asked that same question on the Oxford thread AR but just don’t think IE will change anything. Could we not do a Derby and bring in an out of contract as they’ve done with Gayle who’s scored in both his last two?

1 minute ago, Whitesince63 said:

I asked that same question on the Oxford thread AR but just don’t think IE will change anything. Could we not do a Derby and bring in an out of contract as they’ve done with Gayle who’s scored in both his last two?

I'm pretty certain there won't be any out of contract players worth bothering with at this stage of the season

24 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I'm pretty certain there won't be any out of contract players worth bothering with at this stage of the season

Well Gayle bothered. We could bring in a goalie as well; how about a full team 😑

33 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I really wish he could just get over it

Days after praising the atmosphere and people getting back on board with a great performance as well

He doesn't help himself does he !?

God help him if the criticism ever does come.

On 04/03/2024 at 09:34, Ani said:

I did media training, best advice ever.....'say the second thing that comes into your head' . 

Please someone tell Evatt this